Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Buck

Thumbs down Gordon Buck

Am I the only one with skeptical hippo eyes?

Something feels off, the way itís unfolding. Iím calling my shot now, somethings fishy. The Black Ovis thing is weird.
    Put down the man bun beers and grab a Banquet, your in The Rockies.

While this may be a legit trophy of a lifetime I am also skeptical. Why is there not a drop of blood blood on the hunter's clothes or hands or on the buck itself? No blood on the white object covering the skull on the pack. No blood oozing from the torn velvet. The hunter just happened to have a pristine Ovis Sack perfectly centered for the pic which also does not have a spec of blood or dirt anywhere?
    I don't know if it's possible to manipulate mule deer antlers but those antlers sure make me think of something like this.

Name:  1396033555000-01-02XX14-XFactor.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  26.1 KB
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8bawana View Post
    While this may be a legit trophy of a lifetime I am also skeptical. Why is there not a drop of blood blood on the hunter's clothes or hands or on the buck itself? No blood on the white object covering the skull on the pack. No blood oozing from the torn velvet. The hunter just happened to have a pristine Ovis Sack perfectly centered for the pic which also does not have a spec of blood or dirt anywhere?
    I don't know if it's possible to manipulate mule deer antlers but those antlers sure make me think of something like this.
    +1

+1

+1

It could be legit, but man something feels “off” so far. I hope it’s legit.
    Put down the man bun beers and grab a Banquet, your in The Rockies.

Looks like a farm raised high fence deer.
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCushman View Post
    Looks like a farm raised high fence deer.
    I have no idea why he posted that picture of the huge whitetail that is obviously pen raised with a tag in it's ear. The buck we're talking about is a big, ugly NT mule deer buck in velvet that the guy took with a bow and it's alleged it was taken right in CO John!

I don’t think I’ve seen this deer , but now I’m quite curious to see what’s up
    Soli Deo Gloria - To GOD alone the GLORY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twsnow18 View Post
    Am I the only one with skeptical hippo eyes?

Something feels off, the way it’s unfolding. I’m calling my shot now, somethings fishy. The Black Ovis thing is weird.
    I don't see any reason to not congratulate the hunter at this point. Lack of blood could be a shot far back or not gutted yet, which I would assume pics would be first. The product placement and branding involved in this I think it par for what is going on in the hunting industry today, sadly.
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

Pathetic. It's posts like this that detour people from sharing their success photos anymore......and one of the main reasons the hunter chose to keep it quiet for this long. This IS a legitimate buck arrowed in the CO high-country above timberline. I'm told it was measured (in velvet) by two different P&Y measurers. If the hunter decides to keep the velvet on, it will be eligible for the P&Y Records Program (non-typical-velvet category). However, it will NOT be eligible for world records status, regardless of final score, unless the velvet is stripped and it is panel measured (verified). It is reportedly NOT a stag (cactus) buck, which is irrelevant, as P&Y accepts velvet stag deer (unlike B&C). It is the hunter's discretion whether he chooses to strip the velvet and have it panel measured to see if it surpasses the current world record. Either decision he makes, one thing is for certain; it's a tremendous WILD mule deer that finally surfaced on the jealous and accusatory WWW. Congratulations to the hunter on a true buck of a lifetime. Wish we all could just enjoy the photos and success.
    BOHNTR )))--------->

Official Measurer-P&Y (Records Committee Member)
    Official Measurer-B&C

I don't know where this buck's photo is posted, but there are a lot of pictures in the "Big Ones" thread that don't have blood showing. I also didn't know that one could identify a farm raised, high-fence deer just by looking at it. So, I really would like to see it. Learn something every day.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    I don't know where this buck's photo is posted, but there are a lot of pictures in the "Big Ones" thread that don't have blood showing. I also didn't know that one could identify a farm raised, high-fence deer just by looking at it. So, I really would like to see it. Learn something every day.
    Click on the link in post #10 and you'll see a number of pictures of the high country buck this is all about. The easy way to identify a pen raised deer is to just look at that whitetail buck in post #2 and you can see the numbered yellow tag in his ear. That's normally done in all of those types of facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    Pathetic. It's posts like this that detour people from sharing their success photos anymore......and one of the main reasons the hunter chose to keep it quiet for this long. This IS a legitimate buck arrowed in the CO high-country above timberline. I'm told it was measured (in velvet) by two different P&Y measurers. If the hunter decides to keep the velvet on, it will be eligible for the P&Y Records Program (non-typical-velvet category). However, it will NOT be eligible for world records status, regardless of final score, unless the velvet is stripped and it is panel measured (verified). It is reportedly NOT a stag (cactus) buck, which is irrelevant, as P&Y accepts velvet stag deer (unlike B&C). It is the hunter's discretion whether he chooses to strip the velvet and have it panel measured to see if it surpasses the current world record. Either decision he makes, one thing is for certain; it's a tremendous WILD mule deer that finally surfaced on the jealous and accusatory WWW. Congratulations to the hunter on a true buck of a lifetime. Wish we all could just enjoy the photos and success.
    I have no reason to believe it's not legit, however I don't hold it against people who do. There are a lot of fake stories that float around the internet all the time with people looking to promote themselves. It all seems legit to me but I also wouldn't be surprised if later on down the road it was proven not to be.
    Brian

Name:  F98385DC-38C0-4DBB-AA54-F6E9D421D3A3.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  86.0 KB

Greenhorn, I forgot about that picture.......

That is one ugly mule deer. Record or not.

The Rompola (sp?) buck from Michigan isn't too handsome either in my opinion. It certainly faded from the scene. Was there ever any "official" determination of the true story?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    The Rompola (sp?) buck from Michigan isn't too handsome either in my opinion. It certainly faded from the scene. Was there ever any "official" determination of the true story?
    Nope. I Google it once a year or so around deer season to see if anything has ever come of it. In Rompola's defense he's killed a ton of big bucks prior to the '98 deer including some that look pretty similar albeit smaller than the '98 buck. I don't know that we'll ever know for certain, but there were a couple of folks that had their hands on it that said it was legit.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/white...0-years-later/

Name:  rompola3.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  1985-Deer-Mitch-Rompola-Grand-Traverse-Archery-181-7-8-STATE-RECORD-featured.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  57.8 KB

Supposedly killed by a hardcore DIY public land hunter with a bow. Are we supposed to dislike this?

I believe the hunter until facts prove otherwise. I think he just arrowed his dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    I have no idea why he posted that picture of the huge whitetail that is obviously pen raised with a tag in it's ear. The buck we're talking about is a big, ugly NT mule deer buck in velvet that the guy took with a bow and it's alleged it was taken right in CO John!
    Yes it is obviously a farm raised buck. That's why there is an ear tag.
    If you had bothered to read my post you might have seen that I said the mule deer antlers made me think of these farm raised bucks in how outrageous they are.

Click on the link in post #10 and you'll see a number of pictures of the high country buck this is all about. The easy way to identify a pen raised deer is to just look at that whitetail buck in post #2 and you can see the numbered yellow tag in his ear. That's normally done in all of those types of facilities.
    I suppose no one has ever tried to pass off a farm raised buck as a wild buck? I'm sure it has been tried many times by unscrupulous fame seeking "hunters".
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

20. Default

Congrats to the hunter. The jumping to conclusions, criticism, and jealousy from other hunters that accompanies the taking of a trophy animals is one of the worst aspects of hunter behavior in my opinion. You never can tell where the green-eyed monster resides till you see how some respond to success and luck.

I recently got to put my hands on a bull that grosses over 440". (lots of deductions so won't net that well) Fair chase, legal kill that will probably never be entered in any record books or featured on any magazine if the lucky hunter has his way. He has no desire for the fame, controversy, or additional hunting pressure to where he killed it. I say good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8bawana View Post
    Yes it is obviously a farm raised buck. That's why there is an ear tag.
    If you had bothered to read my post you might have seen that I said the mule deer antlers made me think of these farm raised bucks in how outrageous they are.
    I suppose no one has ever tried to pass off a farm raised buck as a wild buck? I'm sure it has been tried many times by unscrupulous fame seeking "hunters".
    FYI I quit reading your posts quite some time ago. My post was to Cush just to explain that it wasn't the animal being discussed when he questioned it. All you seem to do is stir the pot no matter what's being discussed just like this post of yours to me.

22. Default

In this day and age someone will have sheds. Outside of that it looks like stag type horns.

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYBADGER View Post
    In this day and age someone will have sheds.
    +1

These days, a buck of that age, with 10-20 of his antlers lying on the ground somewhere in Colorado of all states (probably the state with the highest number of people in the woods) and not one shed picture has leaked?

Someone mentioned jealousy above, lol. Very few on this board are the jealous type, and I think all of us hope its a legit buck! I hope it's legit at least.

No one is jealous, just skeptical, as you should be. In 2019, if your not skeptical about something on the internet at first glance, well, then you might be a.........

Name:  dumbass.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  77.3 KB

FYI I quit reading your posts quite some time ago. My post was to Cush just to explain that it wasn't the animal being discussed when he questioned it. All you seem to do is stir the pot no matter what's being discussed just like this post of yours to me.
    I think popgun and gr8wannaB should pair up and hunt together you two would make a good team.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast