Vertical Grip Stock

BucksnDucks

I really like the feel of a vertical grip rifle stock when bench shooting or prone, but I have never hunted with one. Anyone care to share their experience carrying one in the field?mcmillan.jpg

I like a vertical grip a lot, but it's an acquired taste. I've had a vertical CTR grip on my T3x Lite for the last couple of years. I've also had a couple Manners with relatively vertical grips. I dont feel handicapped by it in any field position, but realize that some may.

Personally I love a vertical grip stock and they are very comfortable to me. Like snowy I’ve never felt handicapped in any hunting situation. That said I think the biggest factor is palm swell and how it fits you. If your comfortable with the stock from prone I’d say take it hunting and try it out.
Exactly what model/make of stock are you using/considering?

I dramatically prefer a vertical grip, and haven’t owned a stock without one for a few years. The rest of the stock still has to fit you, of course. For non-chassis options I like the Manners EH1 more than anything else I’ve tried.

I really like the vert grips for hunting. I have mcmillan game warden, game scout and a manners eh2. I feel no deficit in offhand shooting and obviously they are great for shooting prone and off a bipod. It is personal preference but I would not go back.

I like a vertical grip a lot, but it's an acquired taste. I've had a vertical CTR grip on my T3x Lite for the last couple of years. I've also had a couple Manners with relatively vertical grips. I dont feel handicapped by it in any field position, but realize that some may.
I may have to give the CTR/Lite combo a thought on my new to me 260. I'm thinking the change in mags would be a bonus as well?

I've often wondered why they don't come standard on more hunting rifles. I like them and wind up shooting from prone, or near to prone, a lot in the field. Having a vert grip takes some of the tension off the wrist when in a prone position and translates like this: less tension = better stability = more accurate shooting. Moving the grip hand forward does a lot more for your shooting platform than people think.

Thought I'd like em & had a short tryst with a Thompson Pro Hunter...wasn't to be. I do like the Finnlight palm swell...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back