Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

See this?

Didn't the pic show? New world record. Thought it interesting it was a big secret, then Black Ovis unveiled the news. mtmuley

Didn't the pic show? New world record. Thought it interesting it was a big secret, then Black Ovis unveiled the news. mtmuley

It's all about marketing yourself and/or brand now days, can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if I was in their situation. But at the same time it kind of sux that this is what hunting and almost everything has become.

It's all about marketing yourself and/or brand now days, can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if I was in their situation. But at the same time it kind of sux that this is what hunting and almost everything has become.

In one of the pictures I saw, the head is wrapped in a game bag and the Black Ovis logo is perfectly centered and obviously staged.

A great buck none the less, just kind of takes some of the magic out of it for me.

20190209_132734.jpg

Last edited:
That thing is hideous. I’d have to pass haha! Colorado is doing something right a lot of good bucks coming out of that state.

I'd guess it would be very difficult not to succumb to that sort of notoriety. It's that gentleman's time to stand in the sun and I don't blame him one iota.

I'd guess it would be very difficult not to succumbing to that sort of notoriety. It's that gentleman's time to stand in the sun and I don't blame him one iota.

I think back to how a Montana elk hunter handled a similar situation. Off season stuff I guess. mtmuley

I agree.

Honestly, I think there’s something fishy going on. And it’s gonna come out.

It’s the potential world record not sure you can blame the guy probably no good way to show a buck like this off that isn’t going to get criticism. And I maintain that is one ugly muley!!

contender for genetic engineering... or a natural freak of nature! Grats to the hunter.

I'd guess it would be very difficult not to succumb to that sort of notoriety. It's that gentleman's time to stand in the sun and I don't blame him one iota.

Exactly, that's the world we live in now. If you can promote yourself or make money off it why not. You don't have to agree with it but it's his/her/their choice to do what they want. Some of the very hunting shows we watch, they build up anticipation to keep you watching and involved. This isn't much different, just the size of the rack is much larger.

$$$$$$$$...... mtmuley

Nothing wrong with that. The very owner of this site puts hunting videos up on youtube for $$$$$$$$ and he if shot that animal or something similar I would hope he would do what he could to maximize his income potential. I will never fault a man or woman for trying to legally make money, whether that be through their main career or a side project.

Nothing wrong with that. The very owner of this site puts hunting videos up on youtube for $$$$$$$$ and he if shot that animal or something similar I would hope he would do what he could to maximize his income potential. I will never fault a man or woman for trying to legally make money, whether that be through their main career or a side project.

You're right. And we also don't want to commercialize wildlife. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back