Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Accubond or partion

Preacher shaner

Alright 6.5 creedmoor. 140 grn. Looking at a do all around. Accubond or partition. I have never uaed ether. Heard good things about both. The one with the most votes i go with. What yall say goes

The 140g Accubond in 6.5 is a great round for deer. I’ve shot 3 elk and an antelope with that combo in a Creedmoor. It was almost too much for the antelope and wasted meat so I stepped it back to a 120G E-Tip. The Elk it was not quite enough gun. It did kill them but would not be my first choice. I stepped it up to a 7mm Mag with a 150 Barnes.

Either will do just fine for what you want. I would personally prefer the Partition for elk, but it may depend on what your rifle shoots best. There has been a lot of larger game killed with bullets that aren't as tough as either one of those.

Something about them. Both are designed to retain the same weight, 70%. Got that from Nosler a year or so ago.

Just my $0.02, which is worth about $0.01, I don't think the 140 gr would be my 1st choice. I'd personally go with a 120. It just fits into the right groove like the 140 in a 7mm/08, or a 165 in a 308. Aside from that.....go with the most accurate, neither will fail you as long as you do your part. Neither will save you if you don't.

I was in the same situation a few months back, although my first choice in the 6.5 Creedmoor would NOT be the 140gr bullet. Buy a box of 130 accubonds and a box of 125 partitions find which shoots best. In my opinion those 140 are going way to slow for my liking of an elk cartridge.

Another vote for AB. Partition is a terrific design that has knocked over many, many animals, but for me, I can't get them to group like Accubonds - gotta give them the edge due to accuracy.

6 in one hand, 1/2 dozen in the other. Like others have said shoot them both. See which one your rifle likes better.

Thanks guys. I dont see me elk hunting with my 6.5 creedmoor. But i will try them both. Thanks who loads them factory.

Thanks guys. I dont see me elk hunting with my 6.5 creedmoor. But i will try them both. Thanks who loads them factory.

I know federal loads some with accubonds, not sure about partitions in the 6.5. If not nosler probably does?? The ballistic tip would also be worth trying if just deer/predators.

As was said several times before. You rifle will choose for you.
The Ballistic Tips have always grouped and done well on game for me.
I tried the Accubonds. Just couldn't get them to group worth a tinkers darn. And i really wanted to like them.

I haven't had the chance to try them on game yet, but the Partitions shoot really well from all my rifles.

I was in the same situation a few months back, although my first choice in the 6.5 Creedmoor would NOT be the 140gr bullet. Buy a box of 130 accubonds and a box of 125 partitions find which shoots best. In my opinion those 140 are going way to slow for my liking of an elk cartridge.

Great suggestions also. I think in the Creedmoor I would go with the lighter weight bullet also so they had a bit more velocity than the 140's.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back