MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

light tripod for spotting scope, binos, shooting

huntin' lunatic

Looking for recommendations for a carbon lite tripod that can do it all and use standing up. Would like to be able to spot and use binos on it. And possibly as a gun rest. Don't want to break the bank. thanks

How tall are you and what's not breaking the bank?
You basically have to pick 2 of 3
Tall, affordable, lightweight

How tall are you and what's not breaking the bank?
You basically have to pick 2 of 3
Tall, affordable, lightweight
+1
There isn't really a lightweight tripod that will work well standing. It's asking a lot of a tripod to do so, and at some point you just need the weight. Hanging a bag of rocks from the center post helps a bit.

I have Promaster XC525C legs with a Vanguard PH-111 head

It comes in at 2lbs for the legs and 14oz for the head, I can stand behind it @6ft tall, and will run under $300 if you can find the legs separate. Otherwise if you like a ball head you can get those legs with the ball head for $300.

The real question goes back to what you think is affordable. IMO, for the quality, this is really affordable compared to other good quality options.

Here is your answer... I looked for a long time to find anything that came close to this. I was wanting a tripod that I could use in a standing position. This was my answer. Then there are million options for pan heads. I believe I paid around $200 for mine new.

Slik Pro CF 634 Tripod

+1 Gear Junky. I just upgrade to a Slik CF and couldn’t be more happy.

I would suggest the Benro SLIM Carbon Fiber Lightweight tripd and the S2 video head. It's light, rock steady, and won't break the bank. ~$200 for whole setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back