Changing AZ choices after hitting submit?

Addicting

Anyone know of a why to change your selected choices? Randy and Gritty got me all hyped up on putting in for a late season Archery tag. After reading quite a bit on it, after I choose it, I am having second thoughts. I won't be out many points if I cant change it and get drawn, just thinking I would rather take a 2nd choice late rifle.

I called them and the lady said no way, no how and wasn't much help, just looking for a second opinion.

Thanks

Last edited:
Wapiti Bob would be your guy for this type of thing but I believe you can have your credit card company cancel your card and create a new one so if you draw it's a declined card which results in an unsuccessful app and you keep your points. I could very well be wrong though.

Arizona is the only state where I feel really uneasy hitting submit....

I think BlakeA is right on. My wife loses her debit card on a regular basis. I always check with her days before the drawing. But if you putting in for a 2nd choice, you may be screwed!

I would call a supervisor, manager, whatever. Lady or man in office may have no clue.

Wapiti Bob would be your guy for this type of thing but I believe you can have your credit card company cancel your card and create a new one so if you draw it's a declined card which results in an unsuccessful app and you keep your points. I could very well be wrong though.

Unfortunately, if I do that I loose my first choice too which is one I have been chasing. Worst case is archery in the snow is better than no hunting at all.

You can call the dept and ask them to cancel your app. In the past, you could then apply with a paper app but the paper app period is now closed. I do not believe you can go back and submit a new online app even after they cancel your first app internally.

never ever let them bounce your app for a bad card

pm me and I'll give you a direct number

Last edited:
Buy point guard. If you draw your second choice you can turn it in. I think you'd be out the tag fee but your points will remain intact.

AZ guy here. You can not change it after you submit it. You can not cancel your app other than having a bad cc which is a bad idea if you have a loyalty point. Do not cancel your card as you will NOT get a point this year if you get lucky and don't draw. The best case scenario is buy point guard and turn your tag back in. Yes you will not get your money back but you will get your 2019 point and retain the points you had.

Thanks for the replies, it was only 10% odds with 100 or so tags total. I have yet to be that lucky of a guy.

You could have changed your app had you done it prior to the close of the paper app period, as I noted above.

If you turn a tag back with Point Guard, you will lose the tag fee but get your points.

A few years ago the dept made some changes to the app/fee regulations. Those new regs allow an application to be considered "valid" when the app fee is paid at the time of application ($15). As such, if you want out of the draw for whatever reason, you can now change your CC so it will not process when the dept tries to ding it for the tag, you will gain a point, and not lose your Loyalty Point. This is different than it used to be and isn't explained in regulation very well. I thought your loyalty point would be gone but talked to Licensing at length today.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back