Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Base camp cook stoves?

Thanks for all the information!

A question about the Camp Chef, can it be set on a table/tailgate and used?

Eventually this will be used for camping, but the most immediate need will be cooking for my family of four once our kitchen is taken out of service for a remodel. I am expecting we'll be without a stove for close to two months.

Thanks for all the information!

A question about the Camp Chef, can it be set on a table/tailgate and used?

Eventually this will be used for camping, but the most immediate need will be cooking for my family of four once our kitchen is taken out of service for a remodel. I am expecting we'll be without a stove for close to two months.

Yes, the legs are removable and when removed it can stand on the inserts. I've often used mine right on top of a picnic table at a campground.

Camp Chef pumps out some serious BTU's, we crank it up when we get in at the end of the day to help heat up the tent.

I've got a Coleman propane stove with one burner and a grill. It's very compact and nice for the tailgate. I can grill steaks or boil water. Uses the small 1lb propane bottles

I also just got a Camp Chef. Very well made. Lots of accessories. On sale at Backcountry. I got the 2x60k BTU high pressure model...throws out some serious heat. Never used it at base camp. It takes up a lot of space and requires a 15lbs propane bottle. If cooking for more than 2 people, it'd be very nice.

If you are cooking for very many folks, the bigger Camp Chef design has it in spades. You can throw down a big breakfast in no time flat. If you are just cooking for a couple of folks, the Coleman’s simplicity is hard to beat. If I am taking the wall tent I take the Camp Chef. Sleeping in the truck I’ll take the Coleman.

Being that I have a 2 burner Coleman i bought this as the stand for it.

71qlqS20MlL._SY450_.jpg

My mindset was I wanted something that would serve double duty for packing on horse pack trips as end of the road truck camps. Yeah I give up some BTU's but i've got flexibility. But I have friends with the Blowtorch Burners so If I have to entertain lardge quantities of folks, I'll just invite them ....

Parked the Coleman dual fuel and single burner/grill propane this year. We purchased the Camp chef Everest propane. If it holds up over the years it will be a great stove. It throws some serious BTU's and has good adjustments for cooking low. The newer Coleman dual fuel has been a pita for us. The quality of the propane 2 burners from Coleman I looked at, also seems to have taken a dive.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back