Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Leupold BX-5 Santiam

OzzyDave

Bit the bullet and ordered a set of 10x42’s last week. Won’t see them here until about April, so plenty of time to save some sheckles. I played around with a 12x50 set and they were definitely superior to my current BX-3 Mojave bino’s. This elk hunt is costing me big $$$ - loving it.

You will find the BX-5 to be a night and day upgrade over your BX-3. Good luck on the elk hunt.

As Randy has said, there is a noticeable difference. Higher quality glass and coatings result in a brighter image.

How do they compare to others in the same price category? Specifically the Meopta, Maven, Kowa and Nikon offerings?

The BX-3’s were a leap forward from my Cascade’s I used for years. The BX-5’s were incredible. One of my hunting mates and I were sitting around camp after dark. With no ambient light, looking out into the paddocks I could see what appeared to be fence posts, with my Bx’3 BUT with his BX-5’s I could see it was a definitely steel picket fence with 3 strands of barbed wire - it just stood out so well. It was a bit of an extreme test but i was won over.

are the bx5 12x50s and smaller versions also using the Abbe Koenig prism same as the larger 15 x56 power ?

Last edited:
My binos came in early - Whoo hooo. Did some glassing around the neighbourhood last night, without trying to look like a peeping Tom - WOW. They are all I expected. Under full moon, looking out across the back fence, watched a brush tailed possum skulk along top of fence. I could even make out the scars on his face from fighting. Double thumbs up if i could find an emoji for it.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back