Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I do not have the time to read through the other forum linked, but I would be very interested in hearing the position of folks that support the operations described here. For the life of me, I cannot think of a reason why people would support these scouting services, unless they are the ones that own the business. Maybe it is just people who want the easy way out, they don't want to put in the work. Sorry, but hunting is about hard work, putting in the time, accepting challenges, knowledge of the land, etc.

2. Default

Without desiring to give support for these types of businesses....

Simply offer the sale of co-ordinates specifically for purposes other than hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Labs View Post
    I do not have the time to read through the other forum linked, but I would be very interested in hearing the position of folks that support the operations described here. For the life of me, I cannot think of a reason why people would support these scouting services, unless they are the ones that own the business. Maybe it is just people who want the easy way out, they don't want to put in the work. Sorry, but hunting is about hard work, putting in the time, accepting challenges, knowledge of the land, etc.
    Amen Man! Just got word from jm77 that the Bill passed the third reading today on the floor 25-4, so it looks like a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Range View Post
    I don't think there is a whole lot of difference philosophically between someone paying a guide to take them to a specific animal, and someone buying a specific animal's locations. I suppose the reason there is a stronger distaste for the latter as opposed to the former stems from possibilities we can imagine.

In conjunction with technology, I could imagine a website one would go to filled with hundreds of thumbnails of different bucks. Click on a buck you like, pay the site, and get all sorts of coordinates of past behavior as well as a live chat with an individual tasked with locating the current location of that animal who would notify you exactly where it is once they relocate it. That would be gross to me personally.

To clarify, I think that and paying a guide to take you to a specific animal is similar, and I don't think much of an argument could be made that there is a meaningful difference between the chit that goes on in the breaks for big rams and the website example above. I just think this is a good start.
    So how many guides might be doing the same thing for their clients or have they always been pre-scouting?

5. Default

There's a lot of people with more money than time, and their ethical or moral code is guided by the policy, the end justifies the means.

Pre season quality outfitters are scouting like mad. It's what they're hired to do... Get their client onto the elk, deer, etc.

A person stuck in the city or outside the majestic Rocky Mountain range or Alaska mystique has little to no ability to scout, etc. $ and off to the 7 day vacation - travel and hunt.

The best outfitters are as dialed in with aerial recon and guides get the bonus (+tips) to be set to fulfil their client's goal.
    They pay $$$ for time they either don't have or would rather not use scouting.

Those wild *victory high five buck kills from a blind where the guides have names for the bucks... Same deal. Client is having coffee, driven to the blind, guide tells the client to pass on one because the bigger boy will be routing through soon after.

The internet sell location with pics is the exact same as gov bighorn Rams with endless $$$ to buy the tag... Guides dialed in on the big boy and the *tough gov tag holder hikes to the guide's location... Boom. Record ram!

"$$$ for nothin' the chicks for free"
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Read where this bill passed today on the third reading ...24 -5 maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trial153 View Post
    Read where this bill passed today on the third reading ...24 -5 maybe ?
    HB002 in Wyoming did pass 25-4 third reading.

I believe it has to go back to house of origin if there are amendments.

Even if the bill passes, which it looks like it will, all it does is give the commission the authority to set regulation regarding selling of specific information and other technologies. What those regulations look like in the end is where its going to matter, and where Wyoming Sportsmen better step up and be heard.
    "...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

9. Default

How far will/could this be enforced?

Always pay for your own beer when discussing hunting....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123