Thanks Dwight Schuh!

Joe Hulburt

Sorry to hear that Dwight Schuh passed away today. He was definitely one of my biggest inspirations when I took up archery hunting back in 1987. Just a great man who was always humble and loved to hunt.

I remember being totally defeated after the first week of elk season and reading one of his articles after he and Larry Jones had finished a Roosevelt hunt. I took his advice from the article and was able to turn the season around and kill a great Roosevelt bull the next week. I wish I could have thanked him in person for the help at some point. Great loss to the bowhunting community!

I dang near wore out my parents vcr watching "Hunting Rocky Mtn Mule Deer"as a kid. I still have the vhs and remember watching him sneak on bucks. That still is the best deer video I've ever seen with huge bucks. I'll always have a place in my heart for that man.

One of the first people I ever talked to who would be considered a "hunting industry" person. Very gracious with his time and advice. Sorry to hear of this. Prayers for his family.

He was one of my favorite outdoor writers. I always enjoyed his perspective in Bowhunter.

A good man!

I read his articles all starry eyed as a kid, then as an adult found myself shaking hands with him at the gym in Nampa.

He was such a normal, humble guy. Over a few years we discussed all topics, such as gear, backpacking, hunting, llamas, and family.

Solid guy!

He was the bowhunter who removed his boots and did his stalks in his socks right? I have some of his VHS tapes too.

Grew up reading his books and articles. He was most definitely and inspiration for many. Godspeed Dwight!

I dang near wore out my parents vcr watching "Hunting Rocky Mtn Mule Deer"as a kid. I still have the vhs and remember watching him sneak on bucks. That still is the best deer video I've ever seen with huge bucks. I'll always have a place in my heart for that man.

Thanks to eBay, I just i ordered this. And it's on DVD now. I've read a lot of his writing, but never seen any video. Thanks for mentioning it.

My heart sinks. I had no idea. I read a couple of his books back when first getting interested in elk hunting, and lots of his articles in Bowhunter. How did he pass?

Sad indeed. I enjoyed his outdoor writing ... it was one of several sources that led and helped archery hunting in 1984. I loved watching those VCR videos of him and Larry Jones.

Thank you, Dwight, for your insight and knowledge.

He will be greatly missed. I always enjoyed reading his articles even if they were a type of western hunting that I wasn’t familiar with.

My Dad passed away from the same type of cancer that Dwight had last year so this brings back a lot of terrible memories for me. Rest In Peace Dwight.

His open country mule deer book is the best hunting book I have ever read. He taught me a lot of things that I now use in the open country.

Dwight was an inspiration to all, a major loss to the outdoor world.

We all owe him for his “ lead by example” style.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back