Idaho Big Game Season Proposals 2019-2020

Agreed. Also, some of the elk season and tag expansions in the units I looked at outside the Sawtooth zone make me wonder if landowners are pressing for major herd size reductions - what I once heard politely referred to as "artificially low" objectives. I realize elk can cause damage and financial loss, but am not convinced large increases in hunting pressure far from private land is a good solution.

Winner! I'd love to see how many elk this state could support if farmers and landowners had some tolerance for elk.

Interesting. I've hunted 73 for over 25 years and my experience is that I see fewer and fewer hunters most years. This year I hunted two days (no need for more since my wife and I both filled our tags) and only saw one other hunter. Maybe I've got the last best spot in the unit?

cause its a 1st choice draw tag limiting guys who dont apply in controlled hunts. there was only 252 hunters in 2017. Very few compared to say 43 that had several thousand

Of course everyone has an agenda - and I'd personally rather see Game and Fish manage at a bit over objectives.... Seen many problems in other areas (including my home State) when they tried to trim the herd too much to objective and then unforeseen issues arise and now it takes a herd a decade to recover... Hopefully they can find better solutions for all stakeholders - at a minimum at least try not screw it all up....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back