Nope..

I disagree with the bill, but I do think killing the named Yellowstone wolves is a PR nightmare.

How about we give them pink collars and ask hunters to please refrain from killing those ones... :rolleyes:

I support lifting the quota. There’s plenty of wolves in and around Yellowstone.
People go to Yellowstone to see elk too, yet we shoot them by the thousands and let the uncontrolled and protected wolves chew on them all winter.
Also, a wolf outside the boundaries of Yellowstone is just a wolf, not a ‘Yellowstone wolf’.

Why not just make all the Yellowstone wolves wear orange reflective vests? Easier for visitors to see, and hunters will know not to shoot them.

Seriously though. Aside from a fence, no amount of "buffering" around the park will keep the wolves from spilling out.

Wolves multiple, packs and individuals wonder off. They have too. So at what point is a wolf a "Yellowstone" wolf? Being born inside the park? Having a parent that was born inside the park? Passing through the park? Running in a pack that has members from the park?

See where I am going with this? The idea of a buffer zone is ignorant and unrealistic.

I forgot to post what I’m sure I’ll be posting more of.
This time, in regards to Mr. Philips;
“Democrats are the ally of the public lands hunter”

There’s a lobbyist when we need him. Are you set to speak against this on behalf of anybody or are you aware of who may be?

The sporting community will oppose this bill as it seeks to set seasons in statute rather than allow the fish & wildlife commission to set them. Personally, I think a better bill would be to eliminate the legislative prescription that demands seasons be held regardless of population & need.

I suggest pod cast with Zack Strong and Toby Bridges. Would be excellent.
You could add another clown to the podcast, Charles Post - another transplant, spewing nonsense.

I forgot to post what I’m sure I’ll be posting more of.
This time, in regards to Mr. Philips;
“Democrats are the ally of the public lands hunter”

Wait! What? - you mean all this we hear about aligning with the Democrats because they have OUR best interest in mind, isn't true? But I hear it everyday from the hunting industry's talking head.:W:

This is one of the problems with people naming wild animals.

People go to Yellowstone to see elk too

I was thinking the same thing. I rather go to see different scenery other that cornfields.

http://www.yellowstone.co/stats.htm

In the 90's the best year was 92. 3 years before they brought back wolfs. The only real significant numbers were 2015 to present. Depending on that you qualify as significant. I'm just going off of 4+ million.

elk.jpg

I'm calling him Ralph! He lives in Yellowstone and crosses the border. Don't shoot him or I'm never coming back and not going to give you my business. Yeah right.....

I only throw the visitor numbers out because the article makes it sound like the only reason people are visiting Yellowstone are for the wolves. Kinda find that hard to believe.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/b...cle_5f806b71-e7eb-5e7c-9062-4faba4dcd3a4.html

This individual is the Majority Floor Leader of the MT House.

Which bill is worse? Anytime you guys want to throw down on what party does the most damage to public lands and wildlife, I'll happily meet you bill for bill.

Meanwhile, up tomorrow is HB 10, which let's FWP spend $10 million on a new ALS system that won't crash everytime a b-tag is drawn. FWP's budget was up as well, which included a new wildlife planner position for deer & elk, more FTE's to manage grizzlies & wolves, restoration of hatchery programs to put fish in our reservioirs, give our wardens better equipment so they don't break down 45 miles from the truck on snowmobile that's older than Gomer. Any guesses as to who is looking to make cuts to those requests?

View attachment 94215

I'm calling him Ralph! He lives in Yellowstone and crosses the border. Don't shoot him or I'm never coming back and not going to give you my business. Yeah right.....

Haha! Benji, Lassie - concrete jungle lubbers would not relate.

That first linked article's mug shot holds potential as the next guest speaker for an upcoming gathering.

Charles, Zack is a MT Native, born in Great Falls and has done a lot of ranch work.

Be careful assuming other people's origins. ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back