Nope..

Charles, Zack is a MT Native, born in Great Falls and has done a lot of ranch work.

Be careful assuming other people's origins. ;)

Are you assuming my comment relates to him as a concrete jungle native? I made it a separate paragraph all together. The article says he grew up a hunter... Now works as an attorney for the Natural Resources Defence Council... Even a better fit for my comment. Same? https://www.patagonia.com/actionworks/grantees/natural-resources-defense-council/

Last edited:
Funny how they say that people come to see wolves and the "declining" population can hurt local economy. Yet Yellowstone keeps setting visitor records. 3rd most visitors in history in 2018.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/b...cle_5f806b71-e7eb-5e7c-9062-4faba4dcd3a4.html

This individual is the Majority Floor Leader of the MT House.

Which bill is worse? Anytime you guys want to throw down on what party does the most damage to public lands and wildlife, I'll happily meet you bill for bill.

Meanwhile, up tomorrow is HB 10, which let's FWP spend $10 million on a new ALS system that won't crash everytime a b-tag is drawn. FWP's budget was up as well, which included a new wildlife planner position for deer & elk, more FTE's to manage grizzlies & wolves, restoration of hatchery programs to put fish in our reservioirs, give our wardens better equipment so they don't break down 45 miles from the truck on snowmobile that's older than Gomer. Any guesses as to who is looking to make cuts to those requests?

Good post Ben.

We can have allies and opponents regardless of party, and I definitely don't think one party is our savior while the other is our enemy.

My perspective when referencing Montana though, is those really crappy ideas that come out of the (D) side of things kind of have no shot and are the positions of outliers even within their own party. The (R) side of things on the other hand, may very well be successful with some of their truly crappy ideas. It's once again sort of like the Asimov quote I've put up here a half-dozen times:

“When people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together”

But to the OP, yes, Bozeman is a lost cause generally. :D

It's funny. This session is turning out to be pretty bi-partisan in nature. Some very good bills being advanced from Dems and Reps, and some bad ones on both sides as well. SB 127 would prevent the sale of GPS coordinates for big bulls and bucks, it's sponsored by Senator Cohenour (D-East Helena). SB 224 would increase the fine for illegally gating a county road from $10 to up to $500. That's sponsored by Tom Jacobson (D-Great Falls). CHairman Mike Hopkins (R-Missoula) is doing fantastic work in making sure Habitat Montana remains intact in HB 5, the big infrastructure bill, as well as some big requests from FWP on spending for new or improved FWP facilities in Glasgow, Missoula and many other locations.

THen we have these two:

HB 207 would seek to give counties the right to declare any road open they want, using a statute that was repealed federally in the 1970's. It's Rep. White's attempt to undermine your right to participate in travel planning on national forests and BLM lands.

Rep. White also has a bill to reinsert political opinion in conservation easements. His support came from his own group (CBU) and UPOM, two of the biggest transfer of public land supporters out there. It also came from Corey Stapleton, our Secretary or State who opposes conservation easements like the ones Habitat Montana produces. The sporting coalition, which is every major hunting and angling group in Montana, stood with the Stenson family to oppose the bill.

But yet a thread on a wolf bill that will have 1 hearing and then get tabled will go 4 pages.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back