Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Trump Taps Former Oil Lobbyist David Bernhardt to Lead Interior

Curious what those conservation orgs who spent millions of dollars attacking Zinke think now.

Someone said above that Bernhardt's been running DOI since he landed. It's true. He's just.more honest about where he's coming from & smarter than the former SOI when it comes to getting caught.

Things aren't going to change here. Oil & gas will be the priority, wildlife & habitat will continue to take it in the shorts.

How did you come u with that when Ryan Zinke has been in that DOI position until just the last few weeks.

Lots of folks think that Cheney was running the country, with "W" acting the part of president, while the Veep was the real powerbroker.

Email sent to BC: B/C's endorsement of David Bernhardt as Sec. of Interior is worse than ignorant of history. It is a betrayal of the trust that public land hunters have, until now, given to your organization.

How did you come u with that when Ryan Zinke has been in that DOI position until just the last few weeks.

Zinke was in over his head, and Bernhardt was the man writing the policy changes, regulation removal, etc. Bernhardt is an operator from a long time back and despite by disagreements with him on policy, he is a competent manager and someone who understands how the agency works, and what strings to pull to get his way within the agency.

Zinke couldn't even navigate his own ethics policies or wear a hat correctly.

Or string up a fly rod correctly.

Well I disagreed with B&C and I disagree with TRCP. Why must we continue to support the revolving door between lobby’s and the government. We keep perpetuating the same model and get the same results.

Well I disagreed with B&C and I disagree with TRCP. Why must we continue to support the revolving door between lobby’s and the government. We keep perpetuating the same model and get the same results.

Maybe it's diplomacy...little sense in pissing off someone that you want to have a future working relationship with. Just a thought.

Seems to me that there has been considerable mission shift in some of the great conservation organizations. Successful efforts to bring back overhunted game stocks and better environmental regulation has led to a "reaping" mentality rather than a "sowing' mentality. Hyper- partisan political allegience hasn't helped either. The "conventional wisdom" that the Democrat's enviromental policies are "radical" has led to knee-jerk reactions by Republicans to justify turning a blind eye to harmful exploitation rather than being willing to retain necessary environmental protections.

Maybe it's diplomacy...little sense in pissing off someone that you want to have a future working relationship with. Just a thought.

It’s a good thought, and not one that is foreign to me. However the problem with endorsements like this is you legitimatize the thought process that gave us this candidate.
That said I hope I am wrong and both these organizations are right and he puts the public’s interests first. We will see.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back