Mystery Ranch for the Shorter Fellas/ Gals

Ledanek

Once again, I'm having issue fit with my Pintler with Guidelight Frame.

I've changed the yoke and waist from Medium to Small already and even with the pack not loaded (under 20lbs), the waist STILL slips off my hips.

If I cinch too tight at the level of my belly button, it pinches a nerve by my sciatica and it's very uncomfortable.

I always have a theory that the GLF is too "tall" for me.
The tape measures at 18-19" from hip/belly button to C7

Curious if there are any fellas or gals out there who's around 5'7" & 32" waist who are have or had this issue that the frame itself is the problem.

I'm starting to look at the other MR packs without the GFL to say to rule out if the frame is the issue:
- Terraframe 3-Zip
- Glacier
- Stein 65

I did loss 12lbs over the holidays because last yr this was not an issue with layered clothing and 20lbs

Thanks

Once again, I'm having issue fit with my Pintler with Guidelight Frame.

I've changed the yoke and waist from Medium to Small already and even with the pack not loaded (under 20lbs), the waist STILL slips off my hips.

If I cinch too tight at the level of my belly button, it pinches a nerve by my sciatica and it's very uncomfortable.

I always have a theory that the GLF is too "tall" for me.
The tape measures at 18-19" from hip/belly button to C7

Curious if there are any fellas or gals out there who's around 5'7" & 32" waist who are have or had this issue that the frame itself is the problem.

I'm starting to look at the other MR packs without the GFL to say to rule out if the frame is the issue:
- Terraframe 3-Zip
- Glacier
- Stein 65

I did loss 12lbs over the holidays because last yr this was not an issue with layered clothing and 20lbs

Thanks

I'm 5'5" with a 32" waist and also couldn't get the guide lite to work for me, just not enough adjustment. I've had better luck with the popup 28. It's not as beefy as the guide lite but it can still handle an elk quarter no problem. I also had an exo 2000 for a while, and that fit me pretty well. It's more on par with the guide lite for carrying ability than the pop up.

I'm 5'5" with a 32" waist and also couldn't get the guide lite to work for me, just not enough adjustment. I've had better luck with the popup 28. It's not as beefy as the guide lite but it can still handle an elk quarter no problem. I also had an exo 2000 for a while, and that fit me pretty well. It's more on par with the guide lite for carrying ability than the pop up.

thanks...will research this pack

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back