THE DEER POLICE- interesting videos

cheeser

https://www.facebook.com/thebearwhi...1lkxYJRXJcEeAVLNVDdE_KdARjYao-PW8q9K0&__xts__[0]=68.ARD4uV3lpQNBqL_xvH9uoO0KQ4BcTwd6-AVOLtVhbkQDIGt0hMBkIF8ZG-LmpUQbwsutPTiiXxj9y86vbA1Od5Sk8YkP_1cpD9p8KsshZyIySmGIT3Cw3esXLc4sV1s8U5ztcHZraF7hXKZu6_ZGj4gWmvRmKbq4vprlJeLSV06SKP0Vfc2hAmRNaGa5tJRANnmLqZOPiu6fo2Gb2q9f3Spf_F92WXH7T4LWAXE6kZ41QtuwW2epsoH006C3EoPOgZEGcVT5nBsujmDPzDj-TfSZ7tw52tp1b8dQXgrPq2xps4lY7YDpX7ojLZu00qGNyIUFBxqti9fvit5U47uHoiy1X48xwB_VXVItXWHcXnK_gToa2wS4QerFmohTs2SGOA&__tn__=FC-R

myself, and the camp i own its 8 pts or better but some are 2.5 yrs olds we got 3 teenagers hunting and if they wanna shoot we let them. my neighbors all about the same standard.

I like the video. It pretty much sums up my opinion of things. I know I have little in common with someone when they ask how many inches was it? I couldn't agree more cheeser with standards for adults and kids. My kids have one free pass on any buck. The next buck must be "nice" or bigger than the first. If I told my 11yo to hold out for a mature buck he would eventually quit because all he talks about is deer jerky. It's the primary reason he hunts. If you want to manage and have that's ability I'm all for it, but the vast majority of people don't have that option if they want to harvest anything. The guys judging can usually fill the freezer full of does and can't understand when a guy hunting in the national Forest shoots a spike instead of waiting on his one either sex day for a doe.(in VA there are designated either sex days during a rifle and muzzleloader aeason) I really appreciated the video but doubt it accomplishes anything.

Last edited:
one point i didnt mention, is where we are there is currently no does allowed gun or bow due to a severe winter kill 3yrs in a row, otherwise we would simply be shooting does and letting 2.5/3.5 yr old go. we probably will have limited doe tags this fall.

I agree with him. However, there are times I beat people up when they shoot a small buck. It's when they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Example, the guys with property next to yours who blab QDM and talk about managing for quality but then you find out they shoot 3 bucks off of 40 acres and keep it a secret because they were dinks or mediocre bucks. Bucks I let walk because they said they would do the same. The ones who blab QDM but every year have an excuse about why they thought it was bigger.... Every year had a wounded one they shot out of mercy.... every year had a kid that all the sudden it's ok to shoot smaller bucks because it's kids (not first buck but just changing the rules)

I would love to have well managed private land to hunt whitetails on.Most of the land around me is heavily and I mean heavily hunted state gamelands.I don't expect to see anything better then a 120" deer here.I let little legal 1 1/2 & 2 year olds walk nowdays.Mainly because the older I get the less I want to drag them out from where I hunt.But I also realize the bucks I'm passing most likely end up dead from the next guy they walk by
We have point restrictions statewide here which helps.But I see a ton of button bucks at the butchers that are legally shot as doe.Thats really frustrating to see especially when you'll be lucky to get 40 lbs meat off of it
Someday I'd like to join a lease

I think each hunter should decide for themselves what deer they are happy taking. If someone is happy with a spikehorn - so what ??? It's their license, their hunt, perhaps their land or lease. If another hunter wants to pass on spikes and smaller bucks - so what ?? Don't chastise your neighbor because he is happy with what you consider a "small" buck.

I agree with that.Put your tag on what makes you happy.Would be frustrating if you were trying to manage for mature deer and see them shot off at a neighboring farm as 1 1/2 year olds though
Doubt that'll be a problem I ever have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back