Peterson Brass

OhHeyThereBen

I figured that a fellow Norwegian-American like myself (judging by the last name of the man and the company) would be the person to trust to over-engineer a piece of brass, so I went ahead and ordered a batch of 50. Anyone have any experience with Peterson brass? There doesn't seem to be much bad said about it online, but I trust you people on here more than anywhere else I could find information on it.

Sorry for all the new threads. It's been really cold here and it leaves me little else to do than reload and pester you guys.

Oh, we are right here in the deep freezer with ya!

They are fairly local to me. Met them last year. Pretty decent people.
Their brass had some issues a couple years ago. But it seems sorted out.
My issue with them is the limitednumber of cartridges they offer.
Not sure on their rhyme or reason.

I’ll be sure to let you know how they turn out. Seems like they have an attention to detail from what I’ve read. Having a box come with them is a nice touch as well. I don’t have many cool measuring tools, but will give what I can!

Well, i met up with the reps from Peterson yesterday at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show.
The quality of the samples they had at the show( for sale i might add) were really pretty good.

Each box of casings is like your plastic storage cases, that you put your finished cartridge in.

New is the "Wildcat blank". Aka 30-06 straight casing. No taper, no shoulder, no neck.
They are supposed to come out with another, with a different diameter later this year.

Well, i met up with the reps from Peterson yesterday at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show.
The quality of the samples they had at the show( for sale i might add) were really pretty good.

Each box of casings is like your plastic storage cases, that you put your finished cartridge in.

New is the "Wildcat blank". Aka 30-06 straight casing. No taper, no shoulder, no neck.
They are supposed to come out with another, with a different diameter later this year.

There are plenty of suitable cases out there already. For what purpose would a Wildcat blank be useful esp. if you're necking down a fair amount?

My appologies. I said it was based off of 06' casing. It's based off of 308 casing. Length is 2.10"

Antelope,
What better to build the next greatest 15 claiber pink panty cartridge off of?
Beats a manbun anyday. Lol

Brass arrived last night. I measured the weight and all were within 2 grains of each other with 44/50 between 168 and 169 grains. I then measured the length of the cases and found that they were all within .003" of the trim length of 1.920". Since they were all so close I just did a little bit of a chamfer and loaded them up!

Although I don't really have an avenue to measure much farther, I can tell you that I'm quite impressed with how the brass looks and feels. It has a very nice polished finish with an easily seen anneal line. The case necks were not all perfectly round (2 of them had tiny dents making them slightly out of round), but I just ran an expander die through them quick and they all came back to uniform. I've really never experienced primer pockets that are quite this tight! I have a Lee hand primer and my thumb was quite tired by the time I was done squeezing them into the pockets. I imagine that this will loosen up a bit after a couple of firings, but I can keep you guys in the loop if you're interested. Here are a few pictures that I snapped while reloading... I really hope they don't upload crooked... but I can't make guarantees.

Edit: I can't upload the pictures this morning for some reason. If you guys really want to see them let me know.

Brass arrived last night. I measured the weight and all were within 2 grains of each other with 44/50 between 168 and 169 grains. I then measured the length of the cases and found that they were all within .003" of the trim length of 1.920". Since they were all so close I just did a little bit of a chamfer and loaded them up!

Although I don't really have an avenue to measure much farther, I can tell you that I'm quite impressed with how the brass looks and feels. It has a very nice polished finish with an easily seen anneal line. The case necks were not all perfectly round (2 of them had tiny dents making them slightly out of round), but I just ran an expander die through them quick and they all came back to uniform. I've really never experienced primer pockets that are quite this tight! I have a Lee hand primer and my thumb was quite tired by the time I was done squeezing them into the pockets. I imagine that this will loosen up a bit after a couple of firings, but I can keep you guys in the loop if you're interested. Here are a few pictures that I snapped while reloading... I really hope they don't upload crooked... but I can't make guarantees.

Edit: I can't upload the pictures this morning for some reason. If you guys really want to see them let me know.

They've been having issues with the site. FWIW if a couple case necks were sightly OOR, I'd just let the seated bullet fix that.

They've been having issues with the site. FWIW if a couple case necks were sightly OOR, I'd just let the seated bullet fix that.

Was thinking about that. But I didn't want to trim off more on that side of the neck with the chamfer. Although the chamfer probably wouldn't be entirely necessary, I like to have everything all trimmed and prepped the same way. My own strain of reloading OCD.

Was thinking about that. But I didn't want to trim off more on that side of the neck with the chamfer. Although the chamfer probably wouldn't be entirely necessary, I like to have everything all trimmed and prepped the same way. My own strain of reloading OCD.

Just mark the primer area with a magic marker and chamfer the next time, but I hear ya on the OCD thing.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back