Caribou Gear

WY statute on interstate highway parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only park along the interstate long enough to get a few shots off so I feel pretty good that they won't cite me for parking illegally. We're good about speeding up to merge back into traffic.

If you really want to avoid a ticket just strap your rifle to the underside of the hood then pop the hood when you pull over. With some MacGyvering I'm sure you could turn the F-150 into a solid rest for some roadside hunting. Anyone driving by will just see a guy with his hood up doing some engine repairs.

I find that it's best to kill the engine to shoot, so an auto start feature helps for that quick entrance back onto the highway.

It would sure be nice if you guys making these stupid jokes would take them somewhere else other than on this thread that is discussing something that is serious!

I have 2 legs of the slam....need I-90.

Would you consider I-90 the desert sheep of the WIPT club, I-25 the Dall Sheep of the WIPT, and I-80 the Rocky Mountain Bighorn of the WIPT Club?

We need some way to rank the difficulty of each...

Desert sheep would be like accessing public land from a turnpike, the pinnacle of public access while paying a toll for the road access. Gotta be extreme.

[/B]

Not on this subject where they openly tell everyone that they flaunt a law that's on the books, but mtmiller is right. If people read this and the other threads on this subject and now know it's illegal they can decide for themselves and that's always my intention when this is discussed.

Every time you discuss this you get upset and ruin the thread because not everybody agrees with you and you can't deal with that.

But it is entertaining to watch you squirm during these discussions as you just can't seem to stop posting in them.

Now telling everyone to stop making jokes. LOL. Good grief.

Saw the title of the thread and opened it, knowing well in advance it would be a classic TopGun showing. Thanks for not letting me down.

can my wife drop me off along side the hwy so I can jump the fence, and come back later for me,,,,

I've got nothing but respect for you topgun, but the under hood mounted rifle was pretty dang funny to me. Kinda like an old red green skit. You are 100 percent right in saying it's illegal. But so are the others when they say it is rarely if ever enforced. I'm not taking the chance as an out of stater but for those with nerves of steel I don't have a problem with it.

If you really are scared of getting a ticket simply let the air out of one of your tires and carry a compressor in the truck.

The LEOs that don't ticket vehicles for what we're talking about are flat out not upholding the law since they no more than an ordinary citizen can pick and choose what laws they will or won't comply with.

Do the LEOs in Michigan enforce these gems? Do people make their wives carry a permission slip from their husbands every time they go to get their hair cut? There is a possibility for an LEO to use some common sense when writing tickets, maybe they use some discretionary judgement in the execution of their duties.....

https://kalamazoocountry.com/stupid-laws-that-still-exist-in-michigan/

Every time you discuss this you get upset and ruin the thread because not everybody agrees with you and you can't deal with that.

But it is entertaining to watch you squirm during these discussions as you just can't seem to stop posting in them.

Now telling everyone to stop making jokes. LOL. Good grief.

Squirm my ass and me ruining the thread for God's sake! That is one crock of crap when all I try to do is stay on track and explain the law that is on the books in all 50 states and why it's there and should be enforced. Then a bunch of aholes start making jokes and saying they do it because it's no big deal and is seldom enforced. It makes me wonder what else people don't follow just because they don't like it. I knew the same aholes would ruin the thread and they didn't let me down. Now the thread will probably get locked like other ones discussing this and it won't be because of any factual post I've made here!!!

Squirm my ass and me ruining the thread for God's sake! That is one crock of crap when all I try to do is stay on track and explain the law that is on the books in all 50 states and why it's there and should be enforced. Then a bunch of aholes start making jokes and saying they do it because it's no big deal and is seldom enforced. It makes me wonder what else people don't follow just because they don't like it. I knew the same aholes would ruin the thread and they didn't let me down. Now the thread will probably get locked like other ones discussing this and it won't be because of any factual post I've made here!!!

You have ruined this thread, plain and simple, just like you always do when this topic is discussed. Notice you are the one upset, cussing, squirming, etc...

Essentially you just keep repeating the same thing and when people don't agree you get upset. Happens every time.

Carry on.

Do the LEOs in Michigan enforce these gems? Do people make their wives carry a permission slip from their husbands every time they go to get their hair cut? There is a possibility for an LEO to use some common sense when writing tickets, maybe they use some discretionary judgement in the execution of their duties.....

https://kalamazoocountry.com/stupid-laws-that-still-exist-in-michigan/

All the same kind of stuff is probably just as goofy in MN and any other state, so why go there with that link to stir the pot just because I live in MI?! Yes, common sense should be used in any situation and why verbal warnings can be given if a person has a good record when stopped for certain violations, including what we're discussing and especially if a person doesn't know this particular law we're trying to civilly discuss. It's the open flaunting of the law when people come on knowing it and then say they violate it anyway that IMHO should be disturbing to members!

The LEOs that don't ticket vehicles for what we're talking about are flat out not upholding the law since they no more than an ordinary citizen can pick and choose what laws they will or won't comply with.

In real life that is a huge over statement. LEOs, prosecutors, judges (and some times even juries) balance and prioritize every day - it’s an important part of the job. There are well over 100,000 laws and regulations in this country. It would be folly to think each and every one of them is equally enforced. Pragmatism has its place in the law.

The law says ON the highway. It’s there so that if you stop in the middle of the road they can write you a ticket. I highly doubt it has anything to do with pulling over the side of the road. It did not say “right of way”.

In the definitions “Highway” includes the area within the boundary lines.

31-5-512 clearly shows that there are circumstances in which you may park “alongside” a roadway or highway.

31-5-920 gives further rules for lawfully parking upon a roadway, highway, or adjacent shoulder.

What are you doing? Trying to get people to stop hunting at your favorite spot whose only access is by parking next to the highway?

TopGun - “stop feeding the trolls” (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feeding the trolls) - your somewhat predictable reaction is exactly what they are baiting for. Make your point and move on - or engage with the substantive opinions of others, but never respond to the “snark” ones.

Yep, that's a big fault of mine even paying attention to that garbage, but it's also too bad that we have so many on here that can't act like adults when we try to discuss this and other serious stuff. I do also agree with your post #56. Thanks for your positive comments here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back