Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting with Ranger

Brittany Chukarman

Season is just about over so I took Ranger on a couple hunts this week. We hiked from the house and went up into the chukar country, getting a couple quail on the way. Chukar have been scarce since winter of 16/17 and I've left them alone. With some snow remaining I mainly wanted to find some bird sign. I found good sign, enough that I wouldn't feel like I was killing the last chukar if I took a few. Ranger found where they'd been but finding birds was harder. Finally had a good,solid point and got one. Mainly just had a great hike in awesome country. Good for the soul. Ranger hunted really well. He has discoid lupus and is almost blind from cataracts but has a lot of heart. Tomorrow's the last day so we'll give it another shot.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_3311.JPG
    1-IMG_3311.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 2-IMG_3316.JPG
    2-IMG_3316.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 3-IMG_3318.JPG
    3-IMG_3318.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 4-IMG_3320.JPG
    4-IMG_3320.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 5-IMG_3328.JPG
    5-IMG_3328.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 267
Very nicely done! I couldn't imagine having quail and chukar walking distance from home, very cool!

Upland birds are the best. Hoping for a bit of rain and a good green up before the spring hatch.

Thank you for sharing your hunt ! Very refreshing change from the threads arguing about politics, calibers, and antler sizes !!

Great pictures as usual...and good for you to take Ranger out hunting, I'm sure he appreciates that.

Back