MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Venison Loin with Maple and Bacon Brussel Sprouts

Boarmaster

Coffee Rubbed Venison Loin with Maple and Bacon Caramelized Brussel Sprouts.
Deer was a doe I shot in Alabama , Bacon was made by my cousin and the amaple Syrup sourced from a guy on another website who produces and sells it. CF88658E-6427-4E4E-96C7-B8C310FFB5AE.jpg2E25E062-2BA2-4EB1-9255-265649634D53.jpg

Boar a man after my own heart.Minus thee maple,lots of salted
butter!Good shite!Supperbowl Sun.!!:cool:

That looks amazing! Haven't eaten brussel sprouts since I was a kid and never cared for them, but that makes me want to try them. Care to share the recipe?

Looks delicious. Interested in the coffee rubbed recipe. Also is the maple syrup from DannyL?

That looks amazing! Haven't eaten brussel sprouts since I was a kid and never cared for them, but that makes me want to try them. Care to share the recipe?
Preheat your oven to 400. Put your prepared ( cut in half lengthwise) sprouts in a bowl. Toss with olive oil to coat. Then toss with maple syrup, then salt and pepper to taste. Dump out sprouts on a baking sheet or a glass baking dish. Spread out evenly in on layer. Take three or four strips of bacon and cut in half inch pieces. Scatter them around on the sprouts. Bake for approx 45 minutes. I stirred twice during baking. Thats it.

Looks delicious. Interested in the coffee rubbed recipe. Also is the maple syrup from DannyL?

Yes, the syrup is from Danny. He should be taking orders soon. For this rub I used one part instant coffee, one part brown sugar, half part kosher salt and a half part fresh ground pepper. Mix the rub and apply it to room temp loins at least 45 minutes before cooking. I sear the loins whole on each side for 2 minutes in cast iron pan the put in the 400 degree oven for 3-6 minutes depending on the size of the loin.
Like everyone I have various rubs. Due to a abundence of does on our property Im lucky enough to eat venison an average of 4 times a week. So I like a mix of different ways of preparing it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back