Colorado Mule Deer Unit Question

Cod9524

Hello All,

This is my first time posting on the Hunt Talk forum. My dad and I are from PA wanting to do a Colorado Mule Deer hunt this year. I have been doing some homework as far as draw odds for those who have 0 points like we do. I have been looking at units 31, 34, 35, 41, and 70 for most realistically the second rifle season.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight to these areas and what to expect or which one you would hunt if you were in our situation. If there is another unit you would recommend based on our situation, I'd be glad to listen to it.

Thanks!

Id focus on a 0-1 point 3rd season tag. A 1 point tag will be in the leftover list again this year. Lots of good ones will be available. My buddies killed 2 170'' deer in two of those units mentioned on a tag that was picked up in the leftover draw.

Access to much of the public land is difficult in unit 31 due to private land and steep terrain. Unit 34 has a low deer density. I don’t know anything about unit 70. I would look into either 35 or 41. I believe the unit 41 permit also allows you to hunt units 42 and 421. As mentioned above, third season is better hunting as the leaves have dropped and more chance of snow to get the deer moving. I hunt second season as I want to hunt every year rather than watching others have all the fun.

I think unit 35 would suit your needs. There will definitely be other hunters around but overall a decent area.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back