Wyoming Hunt Dates

hsargent21

I’m sure I’m missing this information but can’t locate when Wyoming releases hunt dates. I see tentative start dates but not actual start and end dates. Does anyone know when that information is published?

Mid-March is when proposed seasons will be available. They are approved at the commission meeting on April 23.

You can use last year's regs, just keep in mind dates/quotas/etc. are subject to change.

Quotas may go up or down, but the opening/closing dates very seldom do. If he's looking at hunting deer and antelope he can wait until after the Commission signs off and posts them in late April. If he's looking at elk with the application closing date tomorrow he'll need to go by last year like you mentioned. Next year elk will go to the 5/31 application closing date to match the other species and that will eliminate the problem of hoping dates aren't changed after you draw a tag.

Last edited:
Quotas may go up or down, but the opening/closing dates very seldom do. If he's looking at hunting deer and antelope he can wait until after the Commission signs off and posts them in late April. If he's looking at elk with the application closing date tomorrow he'll need to go by last year like you mentioned. Next year elk will go to the 5/31 application closing date to match the other species and that will eliminate the problem of hoping dates aren't changed after you draw a tag.

So this change is a done deal? I know it’s better for them but throws a big wrench in my plans.

So this change is a done deal? I know it’s better for them but throws a big wrench in my plans.

The NR elk drawing taking place with the resident elk drawing in June is a done deal.

When the application period will be is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back