MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Antelope tag confusion.

Chuckchapman1

Looking at doing a first time Antelope hunt in Wyoming with some old college buddies. Planning an elk hunt for 2020 if things work out. One buddy from Cheyenne Wyoming and one from Colorado. My question is which antelope tag do I buy? I’m from MN no points yet there is antelope full price and just antelope what is the difference besides price? Not worried about buck or doe just meat for the freezer and a great expirence.

Full price antelope tags are for any antelope. Reduced price antelope tags are for does or fawns only. The application deadline for antelope isn't until 5/31, so take some time to read the regulations so you can make an informed application.

Ok that’s what I have been reading I just wanted to double check. Wyoming is almost as confusing as MN. No draw stuff in MN but they make up for it in other areas lol thanks madtom

Get a PP this coming July, it will help.
For a meat hunt maybe just some doe tags in a great area. Look over the regs after they set the seasons in April, pick an area with good access and plenty of doe tags. I would plan my hunt around other things to do while here, fishing and bird hunting. You can get doe tags in a great area that has good fishing nearby and maybe sage grouse hunting or dusky grouse in nearby mountains.

If you wait until the second chance drawing you can save the application fee. also this year they are whacking you an extra 3% or so if you use a CC so hopefully they are set up to accept echecks which would come right from your checking account.

Good point. I didn’t think about an echeck I just chalked it up to the cost of playing. My Wyoming buddy has an area he is familiar with. My job schedule limits me on my hunting time frame so it’ll be opening weekend plus a couple days. So it’s gonna be all antelope.

If you wait until the second chance drawing you can save the application fee. also this year they are whacking you an extra 3% or so if you use a CC so hopefully they are set up to accept echecks which would come right from your checking account.

It's a 2.5% fee and CCs are the only way to pay online. That fee goes to the CC company and the F&G doesn't make any profit, but will save a couple million dollars a year that they paid out of their budget until this change to the individual.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back