Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I guess he was pretty big.

I guess I need to get better at counting rings. I’m only seeing 6.

Looking at another photo and tweaking the above photo, I count 7 rings, 8 1/2 years old.

Either way and regardless of age, it's what dreams are made of.

I liked these two shots where he was hanging out with his buddies.

38328041485_00e88bb2d1_h.jpg

25339024498_a911b7cb67_h.jpg

Awesome shots very cool seeing sheep of this caliber. Next breaks? Probably not. I'm sure there's areas out there with great rams but it would be tough to compare to Alberta or Montana.

mtmiller,

Wow! That second pic with the four rams is amazing. Thank you for posting that up.

also, when I posted a guess at age, it was the first time I tried to count rings and compared to pictures of various age rams on google search. What a crap shoot. Especially if you were so concerned with age that you had to do it prior to deciding whether or not to pull the trigger.

My dad and I drove thru the Badlands in Nov of 2016 and I got pics of this guy. There’s no chance it’s the same ram, is it? The rings look very similar, but not as much mass.BC8CA484-B169-429B-BA0F-A4F691CF9EAA.jpg6AC18015-D6A3-4493-B63E-983A2BAE245D.jpg

Great pics and great ram! Congrats to SD too, I didn't even know they had sheep.

Doubtful. There was only 1 tag for that area and resident only for all bighorn sheep hunting in SD.

Yeah agreed. Even as a SD resident it is next to impossible to draw this tag. But at that rate the Badlands could easily make a name for itself by continuing to produce absolutely massive sheep. Hopefully someday the herd will get big enough to support another tag! Likely won't be that way in Custer as it sounds like that herd is struggling with lamb recruitment.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back