I guess he was pretty big.

That Clayton Miller fella sounds familiar.

Congratulations on making the most of an opportunity. Hard work, patience and persistence paid off. I'd like to read a full write up of the hunt.

No relation to the hunter, nor have I met him. I do have lots of shots of the ram 11 mo before he was killed. If I would have known he was that big I would have many more. hahaha

39176890502_6b61cca145_b.jpg

The badlands are a special place. So cool. I do some bird, antelope and deer hunting around there.

How old would that ram be?

mtmiller, you go there often for photos?

What are the odds that mtmiller/CMiller posts up some amazing photos of this beautiful ram and is not even related to the C. Miller that ends up downing the ram?

I really enjoy all the pics that you have posted here on HT mtmiller. You have a great eye and take some of the most amazing photos that I've seen!

Thanks for sharing both the photos and the info. That is truly a magnificent ram!

Mtnhunter1

No relation to the hunter, nor have I met him. I do have lots of shots of the ram 11 mo before he was killed. If I would have known he was that big I would have many more. hahaha

39176890502_6b61cca145_b.jpg

Ha, I just assumed. Looks like the guy did it all on his own. I doubt he would have been scouting if a guide was paid.

This going to be the next Missouri Breaks area?
Probably.

Cue John Lewton and company, aerial scouting, etc..

Nebraska also ranks up there with the average sheep score being among the best in the country and most are B&C. I know a 195" was killed in 2017. Imagine bighorn sheep in alfalfa fields, it's easy living at 4k ft in elevation compared to 10k ft mountains. They have researchers around them regularly so they are quite tame. Sadly there are a lot of domestic sheep that hurt those herds which come from all over including many trophy areas of Montana and Canada.

Back