Turkey calling question

I haven't read all of the replies, so forgive me if I'm repeating someone else.

To be honest, if birds that you're seeing across the river has been recent, that will most likely change before season starts in April, and they're probably a flock of hens. If so, the flock will bust up and scatter by then, which is good. Meaning that some may venture to your side.

As for the question: if they are on that side of the river, and are adamant about staying on that side, there's a reason. Your best scenario would be, someone who has permission to hunt that side puts a little pressure on them and pushes them across to your side.

I would almost bet that there are birds already on your side. If you are going on your observations in the winter, birds will be in places in the sping where they weren't in a couple months earlier.

So, to keep from my continual ramble. Hunt your property without putting too much time in the birds across the river. I believe that would be time wasted. I would simply go to your property a week before opening day and listen for gobblers on your side and make a plan from that. Someone will be across the river hunting those birds.

I haven't read all of the replies, so forgive me if I'm repeating someone else.

To be honest, if birds that you're seeing across the river has been recent, that will most likely change before season starts in April, and they're probably a flock of hens. If so, the flock will bust up and scatter by then, which is good. Meaning that some may venture to your side.

As for the question: if they are on that side of the river, and are adamant about staying on that side, there's a reason. Your best scenario would be, someone who has permission to hunt that side puts a little pressure on them and pushes them across to your side.

I would almost bet that there are birds already on your side. If you are going on your observations in the winter, birds will be in places in the sping where they weren't in a couple months earlier.

So, to keep from my continual ramble. Hunt your property without putting too much time in the birds across the river. I believe that would be time wasted. I would simply go to your property a week before opening day and listen for gobblers on your side and make a plan from that. Someone will be across the river hunting those birds.

Very good points. Turkeys ranges can vary significantly between fall/winter and the spring mating season.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back