Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WY Unit 82

TN VOL

Does anyone have any experience with deer hunting in Unit 82? I know there’s a lot of deer killed there but The harvest report says there’s lots of hunters. If we get drawn was thinking of hunting the week after the opener..however was concerned the deer would be scarce due to the pressure..not looking for a trophy but a legal buck, I believe it’s 3 points or better on one side in that unit. Thanks!

There will be people everywhere. But a legal buck can be had fairly easily. Most people don’t even get out of their truck.

Sounds like trolling is the tactic of choice to put a buck in your truck in unit 82

Yes here In TN the rednecks/poachers use under cover vehicles to do their trolling (road hunting)...Usually a sedan or whatever kind of sedan as long as it has a sunroof.

Depends on if you want to hunt sage or forest. Most of the big bucks get holed up really good in the sage after opening day. The forest doesn’t see as much pressure but can be a lot harder hunt.

It gets a lot of pressure, more hunters than I've seen in one place anywhere else. There are a lot of roads which makes it hard to get away from one. The forest is less pressured but there are enough roads around the rims with ATV's running around on them to get most bucks to keep their heads down.

Back