Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Grinders problems

Irrelevant

I have a Cabelas Commercial 3/4 hp grinder that I got as a wedding gift 10 years ago. It's been great until this month. Now all of a sudden the auger doesn't want to seat into the gear in the motor. The fit is all of sudden too tight. Inspecting it, the auger still looks brand new, the slots in the gear do appear to be a little worn on the edges but that's it. I thought about taking a file to them but I'm hesitant to do anything, this damn thing should out live me. Anyone have any ideas?

Who even makes the grinder for Cabelas, I'd heard Weston but their grinders don't look anything like mine, but maybe the styling has just changed since mine was made.

Id just take it in to cabelas. Idk if they will do anything anymore, but id start there.

I feel silly asking, but did you hook it up with the "nut" that holds the auger and blade a little loose? That's how I do it and then once the gears have slid in, I tighten the "nut." Sometimes they don't line up perfectly and you need to spin the auger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back