Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

DIY help... 15 yard indoor target for basement??

lifesupport4u

I want to practice at home... 5-10 arrows twice a day to build my form, strength, technique....

I have a little over 15 yards across my basement... the basement is not finished so as long as I steer clear of wires/pipes/windows I should be good... but want to do this safely and not have any arrows pass through what i set up...

I am trying to figure out a budget way to set up an indoor target... trying to keep it <$100 with materials I have laying around or can find free/cheap.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

I've never had an arrow pass through a block style target... I don't shoot as much as I should but I would think if you stuck two targets back to back, you would be good.

When a friend of mine was starting out shooting trad he put a target at the end of the hallway. Never had issues with the target, but his wife wasn't happy about the hole he made in the dry wall above it.

I use an 18-1 Rhinehart. Print some scaled targets and pin them on there. Take the Rhinehart with you when you go camping and hunting.

I did this at my old house, 18 yards diagonally across the basement. I used a block target with an old 3'0 solid-core door leaned against the wall behind it, worked well.

will an arrow go through the rubber stall mat? Seems like it might, but that should be enough to slow it significantly???? thanks

I took the suggestion and hung a stall mat from a 2x4 frame I put together.... turns out its only about 12 yards... but allows me to shoot a couple arrows in the morning and evening as I am trying to learn good technique and build up strength... so far I have not missed the block but feel a lot more comfortable having a safety in place behind it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back