6.5 creedmore

OP original question was for bear which I cannot comment on.
However;
If you’re going for elk, I’d say use a rifle that you’re comfortable shooting and can carry the mail out to 400 yards. Granted my first ever elk last October was a cow, but we got on a small herd and could get no closer than where we shot from at 370 yards.

7mm08 with a 140 E-tip, one bullet through the lungs slightly quartering away. After the shot she walked about 30 yards, then tipped over and rolled down the ridge.

I have a feeling if I would have had a bull tag and shot the nice 6 point bull in that group, the result would have been the same.

It would have been the same, and that bullet would have done very well on real close shot, also. That is the difference, between it and some of the standard bullets.

Some friends an my self are looking in to a maine bear hunt. We all have creedmores. I am feeding mine 140 grn game king. I was thinking that should do it. But they do get a few big bears so i wanted to ask what you guys think.
The 140 Game King was designed to hold together up to 264 Win Mag velocities. You’re not pushing it fast enough out of a 6.5 Creedmoor to blow it up. It’s a great medium game bullet with a high sectional density. I’ve shot a bunch of them out of my .260 and 6.5 Ceedmoor.

Back