Caribou Gear Tarp

2018 North Central Kansas buck

All my previous trips out to Kansas for archery hunting I went the first week of November. This past year I went from the 11th to the 23rd and had a much better hunt with a TON more mature buck sightings. I was seeing bucks cruising all day early on and decided to finally drag out my buck decoy to lure them into stick and string range.

Here is the video of my hunt where I get my deer. There is a 150" ten point that comes in to the decoy and eventually draws the one I got in. You can't see my shot, but you can hear it in the video.

[video=youtube;PpCYGxOF_Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpCYGxOF_Ns&t=216s[/video]

Nice! Have you ever hunted Kansas before?
Not for deer. I have bird hunted over near Dodge City years ago. Since then, my pard and I have been getting points there. IIRC we have 6pts, but that's not really needed now. We're hoping to do a buck and bird trip in the next couple of years. Any and all tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

That's a beautiful buck. I've hunted that general area a bunch of times, mostly for birds but have chased whitetails too. Shot a really nice 11pt back in 2001.

My first thought was 'my goodness' but someone else said it better...epic whitetail

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back