Caribou Gear

Beaver Creek Retrievers

HighDesertSage

I lost my Buddy on Tuesday and my wife and I are in agreement that we need a good dog around to do all the things that we love doing. I have a 13 year old lab as well, but she can't do much anymore, and I don't want to force her. So I am looking at jumping right back into puppy ownership. I am seriously considering putting a deposit on a Jake pup out of Beaver Creek Retrievers in Derby Kansas.

Anyone have any experience with this Kennel? Seems like he is producing solid well rounded dogs. Just curious if anyone has one.

Thanks.

No experience with the breeder. And was unable to find the dams pedigree in my brief search. But the studs pedigree is impressive and I wouldn't blink at putting down a deposit if the pups are of interest to you.

Looks to be a quality breed litter. I watched Ammo (full brother to Jake) run derbies in MT when she was still just a little pup. She was an impressive dog for sure.

Jake and Biscuit both health clearances, and have the hunt test titles to prove they can be good gun dogs. If you are ready for a pup, these look like they'd be good gun dogs.

@HighDesertSage did you ever get a pup from Lance? I was googling BCR to send a link to a friend and saw this pop up as the first result on Google.

Sorry I didn’t see it when you posted it. We’ve have had a Jake pup for 3 years and we love him. Phenomenal all around dog. Hope you went with Lance and it worked out.

Lance was great to work with too.

My 3 year old son (at the time) was adamant that his name was to be Stanley. It was non negotiable, and so it was. Lol. His paper name with the AKC is Jake’s chocolate chip off the old block. He’s got a ton of drive. I use him mainly for shed hunting and Iowa pheasants. He performs great on both. And what I really appreciate is his ability to shut it off in the house. He’s currently curled up in my lap snoozing while I watch TV.

Last edited:
Lance was great to work with too.

My 3 year old son (at the time) was adamant that his name was to be Stanley. It was non negotiable, and so it was. Lol. His paper name with the AKC is Jake’s chocolate chip off the old block. He’s got a ton of drive. I use him mainly for shed hunting and Iowa pheasants. He performs great on both. And what I really appreciate is his ability to shut it off in the house. He’s currently curled up in my lap snoozing while I watch TV.
That’s awesome. Looks like the only difference between yours and mine is the color. Same temperament at home, but he won’t quit when it comes to something he loves.

I’ve known Lance for 6 years now, met him at a DogWatch dealer meeting down in Austin, TX and talk to him every few weeks now, he’s a great guy! I’m glad you went with him and are having the same experience as every other person I know to get a dog from Lance. 👍👍

Attachments

• 16B97535-6991-42C8-A9F8-4A845B6645D1.jpeg
    16B97535-6991-42C8-A9F8-4A845B6645D1.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 5
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back