PEAX Equipment

Pronghorn European Mount

jt13

Let me start by saying that I have no affiliation with any companies and this is not an advertisement by any means but I wanted to share my euro mount that I just put together because I am extremely happy with how my mount turned out and the service I received. I also wanted to post this to help anybody on the site looking to do something similar. I had a hard time finding too many examples on the internet of buck/doe pronghorn euro mounts.

Last year I discovered a website called https://www.taxidermistwoodshop.com/. Since then I have purchased half a dozen products from them for mounting both euro skulls and turkey fans and the quality, speed of delivery, and customer service have been fantastic. They are HALF the price of what local taxidermists were charging for plaques and faceplates around here...

So this year, I gave them a call and stated that I had a buck and doe pronghorn skull to mount and asked for suggestions. They told me that they had faceplates specific to pronghorn and they could swap them out with the deer style faceplate and do a double euro mount out of whatever style wood I desired for an up-charge of just a few extra dollars. So I tried it and boy am I happy with how it looks! Their stuff comes as a kit that you assemble at home so you need a few simple tools like a drill with bits and a screw driver but its easy enough that a gorilla (like me) could do it.

Here's my double buck/doe pronghorn mount!: IMG_20190121_081955_213.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! I find euro mounts quite striking, particularly pronghorns with those black horns!

Guy

Thanks all! I was glad to get a doe with a good set of horns this trip out. Hunting for a "trophy doe" was as hard or harder than hunting for a good buck!

I've done mountain mike's reproduction skulls before. Is this kit something similar? I looked at the website real quickly and didn't see anything for antelope euros.

I've done mountain mike's reproduction skulls before. Is this kit something similar? I looked at the website real quickly and didn't see anything for antelope euros.

The skulls and horns are real. The kits are all the parts of the plaques, pedestals, mounting, and wall hanging hardware

Turned out real nice! Much better than just hanging them on a nail in the garage, where most of my euros are..

I ordered a skull hanger off taxidermist wood shop and was very happy with it. I like how it doesn’t show any of the hanger behind the mount.

15A56768-609B-44AB-880B-89C525BC8AFC.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back