7mm WSM

Good on Europe for gettin after it with the 7WSM...especially in the timber! Now! Let's get her clanging some steel at 1000 yds with that BLR!!

LOL the only way I could hit that gong at 1000 yards is if I used a golf cart, drove up to it and used the rifle as a club

I am seriously considering this for a custom build. Do y'all have trouble finding factory ammo or brass?

I am seriously considering this for a custom build. Do y'all have trouble finding factory ammo or brass?

A little bit of trouble. Hornady is making brass now and it seems much easier to find. Before that, Winchester was the only one making it and they seemed to turn out a batch that would fly off the shelves once every couple of years. I haven't shot factory ammo in mine for many many years, but I'm sure you can still get your hands on it.

You 7WSM guys should pester ADG. Lots of guys are interested and they seem to listen. I have some ADG in .300 RUM and it looks good from the eyeball test. Hope to load it soon. mtmuley

A little bit of trouble. Hornady is making brass now and it seems much easier to find. Before that, Winchester was the only one making it and they seemed to turn out a batch that would fly off the shelves once every couple of years. I haven't shot factory ammo in mine for many many years, but I'm sure you can still get your hands on it.

I think you can create a false shoulder on 300 WSM brass and then fireform, but I've never done it. I laid in a supply of federal ammo when it was cheap on closeout. I'm working my way through it, and when that is gone, I'll reload it.

MtMuley,
Whom is ADG?
I don't know of them.

Atlas Development Group. Up and coming brass supplier. A firearms brass recycler here where I am told me this company was coming about two years ago. He was right. mtmuley

Thank you!
I checked them out. They have 7mm RSAUM, but no WSM listed.

They do however have 300 Norma Mag on clearance. Would be perfect for necking to 7mm. :D:

Thank you!
I checked them out. They have 7mm RSAUM, but no WSM listed.

They do however have 300 Norma Mag on clearance. Would be perfect for necking to 7mm. :D:

No WSM. Yet. Like I said, if shooters show interest, I bet they listen. mtmuley

I have one. love it. Sad to see it kind of faded away as they saw a need to reinvent the wheel again to sell more guns.

I have one. love it. Sad to see it kind of faded away as they saw a need to reinvent the wheel again to sell more guns.

This is so true. I guess I'll wait for the 7mm Creedmoor or 7mm Precision Rifle Cartridge...(and it'll be the exact same as the 7WSM). I really can't believe it's not more popular!

I currently have a 270wsm and a 300wsm, often thought about "splitting the difference" with a 7mm.

If I was going to do it I would seriously consider going with the 7mm-300wsm wildcat. That way you can use the more readily available 270wsm or 300wsm brass and just neck it up or down.

Most likely I'll just stay with the 300 where I can shoot 200g+ class bullets

I had a 7mmWSM in a Winchester Mdl 70 FWT. I love the round, but that gun kicked like a mule! I sold it about 10+ years ago, and if I could get another one on a Winchester Mod 70 EW SS, I would buy one in a heartbeat! I think the 7mmWSM was probably the best WSM of all WSM cartridges, but sadly I don't currently own one, and they seem to be dying off. I do still have 300WSM and 270WSM rifles and wouldn't sale them either.

Last edited:
No WSM. Yet. Like I said, if shooters show interest, I bet they listen. mtmuley

I have the ADG brass in SAUM (6.5 and 7), its good stuff!

The wsm has a little more ass than the SAUM but you get better brass options with the SAUM in Norma and ADG.

Back