Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Dumb Question - Wyoming Elk

darrendbeck

I realize this may be a dumb question but if I was worried about asking dumb questions I’d probably never speak! This year when I was applying for our Wyoming party elk tags there was a small box to click that said “enter draw”. I don’t recall that being there last year, or is my memory that bad? Also, I’m assuming you have to check that box when applying, even if you pay for the tags, or you won’t be eligible for a tag? I may be over thinking something very simple but I don’t want to screw up the application process. We average just under 9 points and may actually draw this year, unless I botch the application.

I’d guess it’s a confirmation to combat the errant “in didn’t apply for that”. Gotta check it to continue.

Last edited:
Yeah, that box is a little odd. Why else would I fill out an application if not to enter the draw? And which draw (preference point draw or random draw or both, of course)? Yup, that is a odd check off that I do not remember from previous years.

Out of curiosity, I tried to apply for a tag without checking the box. It won't let you. A red warning pops up that says ERROR - Enter draw is not checked.

Out of curiosity, I tried to apply for a tag without checking the box. It won't let you. A red warning pops up that says ERROR - Enter draw is not checked.

Interesting and I wonder why they figured they needed to add that to the application section.

Back