Did I miss this discussed previously? Gun Rights to be reviewed by the SCOTUS

The Scotus slate is full for this session, so it won't be heard until fall at the earliest according to the last part of the piece.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/01/justices-to-review-new-york-gun-rights-case/#more-278979

Seems to me that NYC took things too far, but I suppose there's clearly others who disagree.
The request for review came from the New York State Pistol and Rifle Association and a group of gun owners who live in the city. They were challenging the city’s ban on transferring even licensed, unloaded guns anywhere outside the city limits – including to a weekend home or shooting range for target practice – restrictions they describe as “draconian.” After the lower courts rejected their challenge and upheld the restrictions, the NYSPRA and gun owners went to the Supreme Court.

Draconian is an understatement though considering Oregon, et al 20 rounds per month and this??? Those opposed to law abiding gun ownership will continue to take one piece at a time and before long people wonder why they have to register a sling shot.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back