Caribou Gear

Wyoming Elk Preference Point?

Levajo

Hey everyone I am asking what to many of you will probably seem like a very stupid question.
I am new to this "point system" but am wondering is it possible to simply buy a preference point for elk (50$) in WY without having to actually apply for a tag? I do not have the funds right now or the time to be going on a trip to Wyoming and will not have the time to do so for at least the next 4 years. That being said I do not want to apply (1280$) in the extreme rare chance I was to get drawn I wouldn't be able to go.

All I would like to do is put a $50 bill in an envelope and send it to WY for an elk preference point. Then repeat this process for the next 5 years until I actually can start looking at the time/financial ability to go on a hunt down there. I spent some time on their website and created my sportsman ID number/account but was unable to find where it was possible to simply buy a 50$ preference point for elk?

I simply can't justify buying a membership with gohunt at the moment, but I do use onxmaps.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Yes you can buy a preference point only but you will have to do it on a credit card and wait until July to do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back