Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY Leftover Doe Tags

huntinsonovagun

Are they a thing of the past, or should it be fairly easy to get a couple, or does it depend on the unit? I tried researching the WY site but didn’t gather much. Is there a limited number of for tags you can buy as well? I’m planning on trying to draw one but also trying to wrap my head around the leftover situation. Thanks y’all!!

Wyoming allows you to apply for two in the initial draw and up to a total of four after that if they are available. The days of getting any after the draws the way Wyoming is set up now are not the greatest, but some are available. Look at the leftover draw odds for what was left in each unit and the number of applicants and you can easily see what went online first come first serve in July after that second draw.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing Odds/LeftoverDraw-ANTDF-2018.pdf

Last edited:
Totally looked over the Leftover Drawing Odds page. Thanks for the links! How is it I’ve heard of guys shooting a handful of doe? Was there a change in WY in recent years, or maybe their on private land?

Just put in for some in the initial draw. They are easy to draw in almost every unit.

As long as I have known its been 4 doe tags and 2 buck tags per species. So in theory a guy could go to Wyoming with a ton of tags.

Back