Sorry about that.

Europe

I had no intention of ruffling any feathers fellows . I was asked to join and asked to share, But at my age I have zero problem with apologizing. It appears my post about the trips my husband and I took up/down some rivers, including the Amazon, were viewed differently than I had envisioned, Guys, we were married over 50 years before he passed or over 2400 weeks. Eight weeks during that time to explore eight rivers is not a lot of time. Secondly, yes people do travel up and down the Amazon on riverboats and some of the boats are pretty comfortable--plus there are several hotels on the Amazon river. We stayed in one build in trees for a couple of days. The Amazon IS visited by tourist, a lot of them.

My point was I was laughing at myself for thinking the Amazon thread was about the Amazon River. Regardless, I had no intention of upsetting anyone with my posts and apologize for doing so. This is a very good forum and I have ben warmly received by some and thank those who did so, but on reflection I understand how our travels and interest in hunting and firearms throughout my life could be misinterpreted .

? I must have missed it. One will never please all - especially on the internet. :) The few stories I've run across of yours have been really enjoyable. Cheers.

I have seen no reason for you to apologize for anything you have written. Your story is a very interesting read and I enjoy your input on everything you have posted. Thank you for sharing your adventures and experiences.

There are a few that always have a different view on things and that's fine. If they don't like something I post that's their problem not mine. Try not to let them intimidate you or make you feel bad, they're not worth it.

Dan

I've read PROBABLY most of your posts. I've found them interesting and am quite impressed with your knowledge and obvious love for hunting and the outdoors. Haven't seen anything to apologize for. The Amazon shopping/river confusion was quite funny. I got it! You've been around a while and some things are harder to relate to than younger folks. Don't sweat the small stuff! There are a wide variety of lifestyles, knowledge, income, etc. on here, we all seem to fit together quite nicely! Keep on posting, and have some fun with it!

I was hoping you were talking about Xena....; )

sytes, Dan, John, thank you gentlemen

Dave, thank you and at your suggestion I will respond to noharleyyet's post in thus manner

noharleyyet------------vaguely--VERY vaguely, do I remember having a body iike that (-;

I thought your Amazon story was a hoot! Nothing to apologize for there. Traveling, hunting, and enjoying your time earth is what it's all about. Let's hear some more stories, please.:D

Keep it up, nice to see a different perspective on this forum, where arguing between .308 and 30'06 is a sign of our diversity.

Europe, I shared your Amazon story w my parents, who are 90ish and have traveled the world. They loved it, as did I.

To quote Mick Jagger, in reference to the Pope criticizing his lurid song lyrics, "F^^^ him if he can't take a joke."

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back