Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New member from Florida

Frazier

Hello all,

34 y/o, married, 2 kids from North Florida. Big into waterfowl, whitetails, and saltwater fishing. Just discovered this forum and thought I’d join to get to know everyone and gain some insight on western hunting. Spent a lot of time in New Mexico and Wyoming, mainly fishing, duck hunting, and visiting friends. Got my first elk last year (cow) in NM. Hoping this year I get drawn for a bull. Applying in NM, Wyoming (2 pp), Arizona (0pp), and Colorado (0 pp). Glad to meet everyone!

Howdy from Tampa. I have previously lived in Utah, CO, WY, and NV. My job makes me move a bit but I will get back out west soon. A word of caution, elk and mule deer hunting can be addictive.

Welcome. Do you ever alligator hunt? I used a crossbow from an airboat to get a couple of alligators southeast of Orlando about a decade ago. Never been surrounded by so many bugs at night and never smelled smells like when was field-dressing them. I could not get the smell out of my tennis shoes even after bleach and hot water.

My buddy and I got drawn this past year for the first time in 10 years. In college I got drawn every year, then the tv show swamp people got popular and it became nearly impossible to get drawn even as a resident. Pretty much how duck hunting has become down here on public land once duck dynasty came out.

But we got 2 gators, no behemoths but the meat sure was good. They sure are some nasty creatures, and tough as nails. If anyone gets a tag, I’ll help anyway I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back