Wyoming unit 43

lakedelavan

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone has some success stories in unit 43 and was wondering if I could bend there ear a little bit. Also I know there is two HMA the Laramie river and diamond one and was wondering if anyone had any input on either and could help me with the process of apply in the sense. They say the first portion is for only 150 personnel and the second is unlimited so does this mean if you apply for the second option you are automatically gonna get it?

Last edited:
Have you considered putting that trespass fee money towards a special priced tag in 43 (or a similar unit) this year?

Have you considered putting that trespass fee money towards a special priced tag in 43 (or a similar unit) this year?

What trespass fee are you talking about? HMAs and WIHAs in Wyoming are under the free public access program called Access Yes.

For the OP, yes the unlimited means everyone that applies can hunt that period.

Last edited:
You can only apply for 1 of the HMAs per season in 43. The way I understand it is, if you get a lottery permission slip, it's good for the whole season, the unlimited are good after Oct 8th I believe, till end of season.

Both are good for the unit. you wont find anything big in 43 on anything you can hunt. lots of goats in that 65" range. The antelope get jumpy after the first few days of the season.

What trespass fee are you talking about? HMAs and WIHAs in Wyoming are under the free public access program called Access Yes.

For the OP, yes the unlimited means everyone that applies can hunt that period.

OP edited his post. At first he was talking about paying a trespass fee in 23 and hunting 43 next year after aquiring a point.

I hunted 43 and diamond lake. You can only get permission to the one of the HMA areas. There are limited number of permission slips for earlier in season and unlimited number later in season. We hunted north west part of diamond lake. Saw antelope on wheatland irrigation district land that can't hunt. We were there Oct 19 and few parties out chasing one nice 17 inch buck that was with 30+ does. Everything was very jumpy. Dad got shot at a doe in the 5 hours we hunted. Very flat and no cover. Sitting and letting pressure move animals to you was way to hunt. I got doe tag in leftover draw. I would go elsewhere next time even for does. Was fun for first antelope hunt wish had more time but son never tagged out on elk and deer in arizona youth hunt. Wyoming is on the way home to Ohio from Arizona it just adds 300+ miles and a few hours.20181019_184303.jpg

I'll 2nd what mhungerford said. I hunted this unit from 2013-2015, and hunted both HMA's. If I remember right, one HMA opens on opening day and one opens a day or three after opening day.

There are lots of tags given out and lots of non-residents hunting this unit - I always saw a lot more non-residents than Wyoming hunters. In those three years I saw 2 maybe 3 really good bucks. They all get REAL jumpy once opening day hits, as in, they see a truck from 1k yards and they run.

Coincidence... I watched this video last week and could tell it's in unit 43.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HggONR42l-I

Back