late late season antlerless 62 Oregon

Only have one point this year and I'm shooting for a cow tag. I had hunted Pine Creek last year during archery. I hung out on the NW side which was pretty easy hiking. I put in a lot of miles and saw a lot of nothing. I couldn't help but notice a ton of pressure. Now my guess is during November there could easily be enough snow to drive the heartiest animals into private. From what I've read, the Snake river stays warm a lot latter in the year than most of the other areas. The Pine creek unit of coarse goes all the way over to the snake. That area seems rough for one fella with a backpack but I can do it if there is elk in there. I may see about hiring a guide service to help me pack out if I'm successful. All this being said, is there any reason to avoid this unit all together that late in the year?

You need to look at this in the summer... It's steep, mostly roadless and easily can be snowbound in November. Another option would be to stay in Pine Creek for archery and hunt the roadless area east of fish lake or trek down in to the Imnaha drainage. Plan on hearing or seeing wolves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back