Caribou Gear Tarp

Bobcat trapping

wytex

Spouse and I set put a few traps for bobcats and coyotes, little late for best coyote prices but they're still pretty.
Caught a couple of females that due to population were not released. Next smallish one will be released.
I'll get them put up Nevada style for fur buyer.
Pagosa , it would have been fun to get you on the ranch , but it's pretty open country, not enough trees for treeing cats.
The bigger bobcat has more spots than we've ever seen!

IMG_0749 (1080x720).jpg
DSCN2085 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_0755.jpg
DSCN2101 (810x1080).jpg

Very nice. Great spots on that first one.

I've been running a couple sets for coyotes here but haven't had any luck yet. Caught 3 raccoons and a skunk in some Lil Grizz traps I had out since I was checking anyway though. One of the raccoons was a bigun.

Had a miss last night. The googly eyed, dead mouse set is working pretty good so far.
Storm rolling in so we'll see if they get covered in snow.
We caught this 24 lb boar coon on the same night as the cats. We'll get him tanned, Moyle makes it an easy choice with their pricing on fur dressing.

DSCN2081 (1080x810).jpg

Nice. I've had all my furs tanned at moyles also

Snow off and on. Mainly drifts on this part of the property. We'll keep at it till we get snowed out, wind provides some clear spots.
Checked this morning after a nice snow and had drifted traps to clear and another nice cat.
Need to make a trip back to the Dollar Tree store for some more visual attractants, wind is stealing them from the sets.

IMG_0758 (1080x720).jpg
IMG_0761 (445x1080).jpg

Wytex - those are very nice bobcats and a good coon. Very nice furs. We have hunted seven days right south of Tie Siding, and have found multiple bobcat tracks. But the freshest (runnable) tracks were on private, and I looked elsewhere. The snow conditions haven’t been the best, and my two dogs have only got to cold trail two old bobcat tracks, but no jumped races. Take care, Preston

wytex what type of visuals do you use?:cool:

Wanted tinsel but Dollar Tree was out after Christmas, found some Valentine's day "tinsel " type stuff and St Paddy's day stuff too. The blue is small pom poms. So far they are working fine for cats. Coyotes do not find them tantalizing, those sets are different.
Dollar Tree also has some colored feather boas for kids. Wind makes them dance and attract the cats. "Powder River Cat" call for the lure, with a splash of urine on the set.

Wytex - those are very nice bobcats and a good coon. Very nice furs. We have hunted seven days right south of Tie Siding, and have found multiple bobcat tracks. But the freshest (runnable) tracks were on private, and I looked elsewhere. The snow conditions haven’t been the best, and my two dogs have only got to cold trail two old bobcat tracks, but no jumped races. Take care, Preston

Wish we could get you on the place but not sure it is good country for dogs.
You may be surprised how much private access you could get for cats, never hurts to make some calls.
Any lion tracks down there?

Thanks for the info wytex,Any hints on baiting coons.
I have a few on the property and would like a pelt or 2.
I have live traps and can't catch the buggers.:cool:

I'm not Wytex, but the dog proof foothold traps are VERY effective for raccoons.

I have some of the Lil Grizz Getters from when they first came out but there are several cheaper versions out now.

https://www.animaltrapsandsupplies....MI9NWJleSG4AIVENvACh0XGQo5EAQYASABEgJpD_D_BwE

I've found just about anything works with them from cat and dog food to small marshmellows.

VERY easy to set and VERY effective. My first time using them I had 9 raccoons in 12 traps overnight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back