Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Where to to use my WY points

belshawelk

Myself and my two hunting partners each have 7 points in WY for Antelope. We are looking to burn them this year. We are not looking for a trophy unit with lower success. We are looking for unit that has lots of antelope that we can go look at, have fun and have a high success rate. Preferably closer to Colorado. We all have already have trophy bucks and have them mounted that is not a priority for us. It will be our only tip to Wyoming we most likely will ever make, especially for antelope.

I usually ask guys if they are applying for the regular or the special draw, but based on your criteria there is no need to pay up for the special. Pick a unit that took about 6 points to draw last year and is at least 50% public land. Not many units in WY are less than an 80% success rate. Even the “trophy units” are north of 80 or 90%. The Hunt Planner on the WY fish and game website is really easy to use. In less than an hour you should be able to get everything figured out. Good luck, let us know the route you go and how the hunt goes.

Not many units along the Colorado border that fit what you're looking for. Some take way more points than what you have, and others take too few. One you could look into is 52. Looks like it took 6 points to draw in 2018. Or, look at other units a little further north. I'd just go to the drawing odds and make a list of the units that you can draw with 7 points. None of those will be bad hunts.

Check out 68,74,75,106. Some good units in that region. Also check out the SW corner some of the 90's units. Not sure but I think with 7 in the special you could get into some of those units.

Any unit you can draw with that many points will work. I’ve hunted units that took zero, three, and four points to draw. Based on what you said, all would have provided you with a fun hunt.

You’ll have to let us all know how your hunt goes ! I will burn my points next year and will be planning a trip for me and three friends to hunt speed goats for the first time. Post pics when you get back of the trip. Good luck. Area 52 is most likely where we will end up.

Back