PEAX Equipment

Montana mule deer

freu1chr

Looking at going to hunt unit 520 in Montana this year. I was wondering if anyone has every hunted the unit? I have looked into the unit and done my research i am just looking for first hand accounts.

No mule deer left in Montana just ask the experts on this sight . Go to Wyoming

Fake news plenty of young bucks to shoot here. Some people even do it every year. Come here and plow a rutted up muley it will be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy here we go, maybe if your offering a 12 pack of hopzone someone might come forth and share some secrets;)

Last edited:
No mule deer left in Montana just ask the experts on this sight . Go to Wyoming

If you are planning on hunting private land this is fake news. If you are hunting public it rings way to close to the truth. I walked up into some of the best winter range on the Custer a few days ago. I didn't see a deer, just some tracks. The range looked great, grass everywhere, Winter Fat that was nearly as tall as my knees and lots rabbit brush that was untouched. Maybe the low numbers is dew the easy winter but zero deer is hard to take. I have been hiking there since 81. Back in the 80's and 90's I would see groups of 20 or more.

No I just realized the NR tags are cheap for the quality of deer you get in Montana , nothing like shooting a pile of doe’s on public ! Can’t wait !!!!!! So far got ten committed and will get atleast 3 b tags each so that’s 40 tags ! Excited !

No I just realized the NR tags are cheap for the quality of deer you get in Montana , nothing like shooting a pile of doe’s on public ! Can’t wait !!!!!! So far got ten committed and will get atleast 3 b tags each so that’s 40 tags ! Excited ! Filling the freezer !!!!

No I just realized the NR tags are cheap for the quality of deer you get in Montana , nothing like shooting a pile of doe’s on public ! Can’t wait !!!!!! So far got ten committed and will get atleast 3 b tags each so that’s 40 tags ! Excited ! Filling the freezer !!!!

Don't forget to pay a trespass few for an August cow.

No I just realized the NR tags are cheap for the quality of deer you get in Montana , nothing like shooting a pile of doe’s on public ! Can’t wait !!!!!! So far got ten committed and will get atleast 3 b tags each so that’s 40 tags ! Excited !

Why stop at 3 B tags when you can buy 7?

Make sure and hang all them 2 points on your camp meat pole. Makes for a great picture to take back across the border.

This is funny and I assume you are joking but the scary part is some people actually do this. Ran into a group of North Dakotans with 12 muley does this year. Very happy to have tags all were shot off public. The hunting here is a skeleton of what it used to be. I try to not even go out in Montana in November it just disgusts me. To the OP I’m not familiar with 520 but most districts you can shoot a legal buck as long as your expectations aren’t high.

This is funny and I assume you are joking but the scary part is some people actually do this. Ran into a group of North Dakotans with 12 muley does this year. Very happy to have tags all were shot off public. The hunting here is a skeleton of what it used to be. I try to not even go out in Montana in November it just disgusts me. To the OP I’m not familiar with 520 but most districts you can shoot a legal buck as long as your expectations aren’t high.

I am joking .... good grief I wouldn’t shoot a mule deer doe if held at gun point

Any chance of you being my guide next year super 8......I like your program. It's got the everyone else is doing it feeling.

MT FWP needs to hit the reset button. It’s like they’re trying to do business with a pay phone, meanwhile everyone’s got a smartphone. What’s happened with that states wildlife is a legit borderline crime.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back