PEAX Equipment

Montana mule deer

Our deer model is so much better. And still provides more than enough opportunity.

Although, tell you what, I need to get over to MT at least once and "mow down" at least half a bakers dozen does. Brown it's down! Hand me a banquet, yah sumbitch.

I live in 520 and haven't hunted deer here in 6-7 years. There aren't to many left. Good luck if you try. Not much public either.

As it pertains to your original question, there are deer in that unit, probably not my first choice.

Last edited:
As it pertains to your original question, there are deer in that unit, probably not my first choice.

You seem like you've got things pretty dialed. How many years have you been hunting deer in Montana?

Plenty of deer both whitetails and mule deer in Montana might not be full of 200 class bucks but it's still produces, decent bucks, and you can always, get a anterless permit or 2,and shoot a, couple does

Wondering,,,,how did your HD-520 hunt turn out?
I ended up not hunting in 520, I hunted in 410 and got a nice 3x3 with eye guards on the first day of the hunt. Then i decided to do some wolf hunting and sheep scouting. To say the least i will be back every year!

Attachments

• E77E1327-15D9-4629-9863-AF410FA75BA9.jpeg
    E77E1327-15D9-4629-9863-AF410FA75BA9.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
Congrats!

My friends and I are from Indiana and we hunted mulies in east and central Montana last year. We are all fairly hardcore whitetail hunters and enjoyed our time. We saw far more deer than we normally get to see in the Midwest and saw far fewer hunters than we normally do in Indiana. According to many on the forum, it's "not what it once was," but we had a blast and it was still very good hunting. Our party went 4/4 on mule deer with three of them being 3 years old or older (aged by the a local biologist). One of that guys shot a really nice mulie that dwarfed even his biggest whitetail. As a bonus we added two elk towards the end of the hunt so while Montana may not be in it's former glory, it was still glorious.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back