South Dakota School and Public lands commisioner proposes selling state lands.

Griz34

Moron.jpg

I'll be sending emails and calling, I hope some of you will join me.

Will the residents still have access to those public lands or are the lease holders able to deny access or charge you for it? If it has anything to do with agriculture you know it'll be leased to them or sold to them cheaply.

I really don't know, I can't find anyone who knows any more about this. Our school and public lands are already leased to ranchers for grazing so I'm not sure what new leasing would be proposed. I'm hoping to find out soon.

GFP Secretary Hepler has indicated that the Commission is trying to improve access to approx. 200,000 landlocked acres west river. Could this be a way to achieve that? I always question decisions that start with "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help".

I read through line 2 and that was as far as i needed to read. "to sell and aquire" which just means sell in my mind.

Kepp us posted if you can griz!

I just listened to the audio of his testimony. When asked directly about loss of acres, he dances around the question. It needs to be amended to "no net loss of acres".
Some thing about taking years to find the perfect replacement parcel. Blah blah blah.

Last edited:
This was tabled in the Senate Committee at the request of Commissioner Brunner. Seems that there are some flaws in the bill that need to be worked out. I couldn't agree more!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back