26 days

I saw some other threads about the shutdown... didn't happen to read them but are BLM and Federal lands still available to go on/hiking? National parks are closed but of the rest of the land?

Thank you SFC B,couldn't have said it better myself.And I might add that I'm all for a much smaller govt.So if this is his intention as well then leave it closed another few months and weed out those that relied on full pensions for life instead of savings.The important govt workers are still being paid,our armed forces and my son in the Navy is proud to call President Trump his boss.The only thing I don't agree with is the Coast Guard not receiving their pay.My opinion of the rest of them I'll keep to myself

Didn't most gov't workers miss their first paycheck about a week ago? I know the shutdown has been going on for 26 days but that's not how long people have gone without a paycheck....yet. Unfortunately it doesn't look like either side is going to give in soon and will probably take something bad to happen for one side to even budge a little, which is really sad.

Didn't most gov't workers miss their first paycheck about a week ago? I know the shutdown has been going on for 26 days but that's not how long people have gone without a paycheck....yet. Unfortunately it doesn't look like either side is going to give in soon and will probably take something bad to happen for one side to even budge a little, which is really sad.

You are correct. But we are very close to a second as far as my agency. Two more days and a second is gone probably. Gents to add to that after the second pay period is missed your eye and dental insurance will fall into your hands to pay at that time it appears. This thing needs to end and end soon. I'm gonna be hard pressed to vote for him twice at this point imo.

I saw some other threads about the shutdown... didn't happen to read them but are BLM and Federal lands still available to go on/hiking? National parks are closed but of the rest of the land?

Don't know about all parks but Yellowstone is still open. USFS and BLM lands are open to the public to hike on. Firewood and other permits can not be issued to the public right now.

My wife is coming up on her second pay period without a check - USF&W. The Refuge she works at is closed. Some of my friends at Border Patrol have been dipping into savings. One guy and his wife had a baby a couple months ago. He got deployed to the South Border. She is home alone with a new born and no pay check coming in.

I wrote to our two Senators requesting they approve the $5.6 billion for border security, and end the shut down. No response from them. Apparently Bernie Sanders is too busy drinking tea with Hillary and Pat Leahy is trying to figure what day it is.

They passed a bill last night that the President signed guaranteeing back pay once the government is open. When ever that will be!!!! Day 27

Try going for 26 days without a paycheck with no end in site. It's going to get ugly!!!!
I’m in the same boat, hang in there. I’m hoping that there will be enough pushback after the coast guard misses their second check to end this stupidity.

I wish I could work a temp job but I have to keep going to work :mad:

Last edited:
They passed a bill last night that the President signed guaranteeing back pay once the government is open. When ever that will be!!!! Day 27

Yeah we all know that's great but it won't solve folks issues today or next month or whenever right.
I'm now seeing some guys getting part time jobs I know. I'm sure some people have decided to leave to greener pastures with the great job market now days.

Has anyone heard how this is affecting folks in the wildland fire fighting industry? I have several friends who are seasonals so the shutdown doesn't effect them currently, just curious if anyone has heard anything from the full time guys that are doing prep for the season right now?

Has anyone heard how this is affecting folks in the wildland fire fighting industry? I have several friends who are seasonals so the shutdown doesn't effect them currently, just curious if anyone has heard anything from the full time guys that are doing prep for the season right now?

For some, Fire season is seasonal. For many at the federal level Fire season is year round. The shutdown is affecting wildland firefighting preparedness at federal, state, and local levels.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.de...overnment-shutdown-wildfire-preparations/amp/

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back