26 days

I'd like to see the passing of a federal budget be like the election of the Pope. No budget on 10/1; all representatives and senators are locked in the Capitol until we see white smoke (ie a BALANCED budget). :D
fixed it

Reduction in force... coming tuesday I believe? wouldn't THAT be something worth watching? Almost as good as when food starts costing money in a couple weeks.

Anyone else notice that all these essay length impassioned pleas from the- rock solid- backbone of the country-, gov't employees seem to be written during business hours on a week day? Probably between jumps out of that helicopter.

One day bigfin is gonna say eff this stupid crap and shut this down. Can anyone here imagine coming home from an enjoyable hunt all hyped up and proud. Then get online and deal with this crap. I guess I'm as guilty for even posting this.

IMO, all Randy has to do is come back and do some squirrel hunting...

Things like this, have a way of exposing true colors.

Last edited:
Sorry for those out of work, prayers that saner heads (if there are any) prevail soon and the shutdown ends.

Things like this do amplify the sad fact that most Americans live too close to the edge. I did too, in my 20s...but wisened up and tried to take a less risky financial path long ago. Have worked in the private sector for 35 years, and lost my job on 2 different occasions due to downsizing and corporate reorganization. Was off work for 4 months and 6 months; never even applied for unemployment. Had set aside plenty of money for emergencies, and didn't want to impact my career path by taking just any job, so rode it out on my savings.

I wish there was a way to impress financial planning skills on all of us during high school, but I have never heard of anything that come close to teaching this, and it's a skill that all of us need at some time in our lives. Prayers for all that things get back to normal in your lives as soon as can be.

Things are getting a little worse soon our agency admins advised in a teleconference in the very near future our agencies fuel cards and other major programs will be tapped out and off. Without naming the agency all I will say is it is a major DOJ component. Trust me folks especially some of the more uneducated and ungrateful folks in this thread it is a direct threat to the safety and welfare of Americans in this country that I'll take to the bank.

While I do feel for the people that have to go through this and it sux that they have to. They are getting paid back...eventually so it's not like they aren't going to ever get paid for their work still sux to not get paid on time though. At the same time they signed up for a gov't job, anytime someone signs up for a gov't job whether it be a desk job, field job, police, military you have to expect some kind of crap. Whether it be a shutdown, being sent off to a war zone, handling a riot at home, etc(and before anyone flames me on this, I currently family in the military and have said the same to them and they've agreed 100%). You know what you're getting into ahead of time basically, if you don't want to deal with it sign up for a different job but even that will have some crap you have to deal with eventually. What I find odd though is that if company ABC where to have a massive layoff or completely go under and thousands of people are without a job, no pay, some with no severance there is very little sympathy for that. Yes I know this post will ruffle some feathers but it's true, when a private company has to get rid of employees no one ever thinks about it(or them) and life goes on.

I will say this is one of the reason's why I hate our political system now. The 2 party system has to go, worked fine for 13 colonies but it sux now. Although as much as dems and reps hate each other they will never allow a 3rd or 4th or 5th party to gain any prominence which is really sad.

A company has massive layoffs and folks do not feel sympathetic or bad??? Huh????? Definitely not the case where I come from

Reduction in force... coming tuesday I believe? wouldn't THAT be something worth watching? Almost as good as when food starts costing money in a couple weeks.

Anyone else notice that all these essay length impassioned pleas from the- rock solid- backbone of the country-, gov't employees seem to be written during business hours on a week day? Probably between jumps out of that helicopter.

Do you have anything else that is arrogant to add? Talk about being uncompassionate. When bad things happen to good people, whether I agree with their political stance or their line of work, I guess I do not really take the joy that you seem to take in it. Sad.....

The term "squirrel" reflects a common legitimate, albeit fortunately not a prevalent, attitude and philosophy. It involves storing, stashing, caching away that which benefits only one or immediate family. It does not include sharing benefit with others, particularly the larger public. In human aspects, it typically does not include public service (ie: volunteerism, philanthropy, military service, civil service, and the like.)

IIRC Lloyd has called you out a time or two? Flopgun ring a bell?

It's funny, this thread reads just like a transcript from the house floor.

https://taskandpurpose.com/coast-guard-pay-government-shutdown-2626377477

If Lloyd is using the name squirrel on here he may have and wouldn't be the only one, LOL! What is the point of your post since what I posted appears to agree with the other members that have responded to his BS?! In this thread he comes across as an inconsiderate asshat, as Randy might call him!

So.....caustic unsympathetic derision verboten? Since when...

A little bit of negative criticism may be called for in certain circumstances, but his posts were completely uncalled for IMHO and why some said the thread should be locked. I would hope you don't have the same feelings he expressed in his posts, but if you do it would probably be best not to broadcast those views on a site like this where most try the brotherly approach even when we disagree with things being said.

Day 32 and yes I'm still showing up to work to protect our nations border, so that some can voice their opinions on here. It won't be long and some of the younger guys will be quitting to find work else where. I don't know why I bother putting that there because I see half the people on here have a low view of government workers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back