proposed new gun control laws in Minnesota pretty scary

Well Minnesota elected a couple anti-semites to congress so they are in the fast lane to becoming California. Everyone in California said the same thing about the gun laws they pass here, oh its not so bad, it will help, its not going to make life any more difficult for law abiding gun owners......yah take a look around now. 20 rounds a month limit, licenses to buy ammo, it will only continue to get worse. Frog in boiling water approach worked in Cali and they will begin repeating it wherever people are willing to tolerate trying to appease the anti-gun movement.

How is this enforced/is it? Let's say you go to NV for a mule deer hunt, buy a box of .30/06 at Walmart, hunt, cross back into CA with a half full box of ammo, how can they prove where you purchased it?
I was, wondering the same thing

I wish that instead of putting all this money towards new gun laws, liberals would just build a website that is free (or cheap) for a person looking to make a private sale to do a background check with a willing buyer. You're never going to be able to track guns, but you could help out law abiding people make sure that they're selling to someone decent.

That's a great idea but unfortunately it's a pipe dream, as it's not their end-game.

I was talking to a guy in Belgium. It took him 3 years to get a license to buy. He has to keep his weapon disassembled with the bolt in one safe and the rifle in a second safe in separate rooms and twice a year a gov. official visits to check on it unannounced and quiz him on gun rules, etc.
Similar here, I keep the bolt away from the rifle, the police can do a random check, but we can refuse access and insist they come back at a convenient time. All ammo has to be locked away, it's a nightmare at times.
We can't possess hand guns anymore either.
Cheers
Richard

On the surface, I understand the draw of the red flag laws, but cringe when I think of actual implementation. I am sure agressive divorce lawyers (and others) will use them as improper leverage against sportsman. I would guess judges will hate the process too. They are damned if they do, damned if they don’t - with limited line of sight to the facts and all the accountability to get it right. Restraining orders and civil commitments are convoluted and fraught with the risk of over and under application. Not sure adding this to the mix will help.

Universal background checks are fine with me - either everybody gets checked or nobody does from my perspective. Not sure how I can’t sell a gun to a buddy in ND I have known and trusted for 40 years but can sell to a total stranger from across town. Either background checks work and are appropriate or they don’t and they aren’t, not sure state of residence between buyer and seller adds anything to the discussion.

Until every FFL decides that $100 is an appropriate fee for the background check as they would rather you buy a new gun from them instead of the used one from a private party.

Back